Welcome! Check out our free B-School Guides to learn how you compare with other applicants.
Login or Register

Combinatorics/Probabilities Assistance

This topic has 1 expert reply and 1 member reply
drhomler Really wants to Beat The GMAT! Default Avatar
Posted:
141 messages
Combinatorics/Probabilities Assistance Post Thu May 24, 2007 12:54 pm
Elapsed Time: 00:00
  • Lap #[LAPCOUNT] ([LAPTIME])
    Does anyone have suggestions for improvement in the aforementioned topic area. I am having issues with these types of questions. I have read through the resource material on the wiki, and it all seems to make sens but then when I get to themore challenging material on my practice tests, I feel like I am spinning my wheels not knowing where to begin. Should I jsut keep doing more and more practice problems? Please help

Need free GMAT or MBA advice from an expert? Register for Beat The GMAT now and post your question in these forums!

GMAT/MBA Expert

beatthegmat Site Admin
    Posted:
    6539 messages
    Followed by:
    801 members
    Post Mon May 28, 2007 10:12 am
    drhomler wrote:
    Does anyone have suggestions for improvement in the aforementioned topic area. I am having issues with these types of questions. I have read through the resource material on the wiki, and it all seems to make sens but then when I get to themore challenging material on my practice tests, I feel like I am spinning my wheels not knowing where to begin. Should I jsut keep doing more and more practice problems? Please help
    I wouldn't stress this topic too much--for the most part, combinatorics and probabilities are rarely tested on the GMAT. At most, you'll see 1-2 questions, but perhaps none at all.

My advice is to understand the concepts but don't search too hard for practice problems. If you're feeling a bit paranoid (like I did) and want to have full mastery of the subjects, think about subscribing to http://www.deltacourse.com

Good luck!

MBA Watch - Your one-stop shop for all MBA program research

GMAT/MBA Expert

Stacey Koprince GMAT Instructor
    Posted:
    2228 messages
    Followed by:
    579 members
    GMAT Score:
    Post Mon May 28, 2007 10:31 pm
    These also tend to be the kind of question on which you can blow 8 minutes without even realizing it. Give yourself one shot at a combinatorics / probability question. If it doesn't work, make an educated guess and move on. DO NOT get sucked into wasting tons of time.

Stacey Koprince
    GMAT Instructor
    Director of Online Community
    Manhattan GMAT

Contributor to Beat The GMAT!

Learn more about me

Free Manhattan GMAT online events - The first class of every online Manhattan GMAT course is free. Classes start every week.

Best Conversation Starters

1 abhasjha 39 topics
    2 shibsriz@gmail.com 25 topics
    3 phanikpk 18 topics
    4 qwerty12321 16 topics
    5 sapuna 15 topics
    See More Top Beat The GMAT Members...

Most Active Experts

1 image description GMATGuruNY

The Princeton Review Teacher

163 posts
    2 image description Brent@GMATPrepNow