Can I carry stuff to the Test Center ?

This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:8 members
GMAT Score:760

Can I carry stuff to the Test Center ?

by unclesam2013 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:53 pm
I'm taking my GMAT on the coming Monday and was wondering whether I can carry eatables to the test center-I'd like to carry a sandwich or a pack of biscuits with me. I read it on the mba.com that one can't carry anything inside the test center

GMAT/MBA Expert

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:1268 members
GMAT Score:770

by Brent@GMATPrepNow » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:11 am
unclesam2013 wrote:I'm taking my GMAT on the coming Monday and was wondering whether I can carry eatables to the test center-I'd like to carry a sandwich or a pack of biscuits with me. I read it on the mba.com that one can't carry anything inside the test center
I believe that most (if not all) test centers have lockers where you can store things while you are writing your test.
However, you cannot take food or drink into the testing room.

Here are the test center regulations: https://www.mba.com/the-gmat/test-day/te ... tions.aspx

To be 100% certain, you may want to contact your local testing center.

Cheers,
Brent
Brent Hanneson - Creator of GMATPrepNow.com

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:512 members
GMAT Score:770

by David@VeritasPrep » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:00 am
Brent is right, you can only bring tissues in case you sneeze and your id into the test center and not too much else.

Bring three snacks for tomorrow. One for when you are traveling there and/or while you are waiting to go into the test, and one for each of the two breaks. The snack for before the test can be more substantial like that sandwich you mention. The snacks for the breaks should actually have a higher sugar content so those biscuits (or cookies) you mention are a good option.

(As an American I think that "biscuits" is such a better word. "Cookies" is not a very elegant for something so delicious. Also I love the word "Crisps" for potato chips.)

Do contact the test center if you have any doubts. If you do not get the chance to contact them (test is tomorrow, right?) then bring something that is well sealed up and you can leave it in a bag or jacket pocket or something. A couple of bags of biscuits would serve nicely.

Whatever you do, bring a snack! And bring a little bit or water or another drink as well. No one should try to do this 3.5 hour test without a couple of snacks and a least a sip or two or water!

Best of luck tomorrow!!
Veritas Prep | GMAT Instructor

Veritas Prep Reviews
Save $100 off any live Veritas Prep GMAT Course