Bussiness school interview ...

Share tips as you apply, write essays, interview...
This topic has expert replies
Legendary Member
Followed by:5 members

Bussiness school interview ...

by camitava » Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:23 am
I am going to apply for NUS Business school for August, 2008 intake. I have submitted my application. Waiting for their selection... :cry: :wink:
But before hand, I would like to know about the interview they generally take. Guys request u to share ur experience/ idea about the selector's interview - what types of Qs they generally ask, what do they look into a candidate's profile and all.
Correct me If I am wrong

Regards,

Amitava

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:3 members
GMAT Score:750+

by VP_MBA_Guru » Mon May 05, 2008 8:54 pm
Amithav,

My response is probably too late, but could be helpful to other applicants.

Most schools have sample questions or interview topics on their website.

Also, several MBA-related blogs have actual questions received by MBA applicants per each school. Do some research online and you should be able to find these resources.

Note - not sure if interview questions are available for international programs.

Good luck!

NP
Nikhil P. | Admissions Consultant | Veritas Prep

Legendary Member

by camitava » Thu May 08, 2008 12:12 am
Nikhil,
Its not too late man! I am surprised to face the fact that I have not been intimated from NUS till now! Even if they reject my application, according to my understanding, they will intimate me. But till now, I have not been informed anything.
Hey Nikhil, can you please let us know about some blogs/ sites where from I can get an idea about the interview Qs and all. I have already made some google search with the string like - <College> b-school interview + sample question". The result I have got is not so appropriate. Can you please help us in this regard?
Correct me If I am wrong

Regards,

Amitava

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:3 members

by VP_MBA_Guru » Thu May 08, 2008 10:52 am
Hi A,
Unfortunately the site I was referring to (accepted.com) only posts previous interview questions for US schools. I didnt see NUS on their list. However they do have a list of standard MBA interview questions that might help you prepare.

Good luck!

NP
Nikhil P. | Admissions Consultant | Veritas Prep

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:1 members

by VP_Tatiana » Thu May 08, 2008 9:59 pm
Hi Camitava,

What I found most helpful for the interview process was preparing ahead of time with an alum from one of my top schools. He asked very sophisticated questions that really helped me better understand my own motivations for wanting to go to business school. I don't think any of the schools asked exactly the same questions as he did, but that didn't matter. I walked into those interviews with a really good sense of what I wanted and why.

His services were free, his desire to help was genuine, and he was a live person giving me live feedback.

So how do you find an alum? Most school hold meet and greets. Take advantage of those to network. Leave with a few business cards.

Best wishes,

Tatiana
Tatiana Becker | GMAT Instructor | Veritas Prep

Legendary Member

by camitava » Thu May 08, 2008 11:10 pm
Hey thanks a lot, Nikhil and Tatiana! I will go the way u have shown. Thanks once again ...
Correct me If I am wrong

Regards,

Amitava

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by jenny2675 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:18 pm
When it comes to interviews, b-schools don't all follow the same template. For some, it's an essential screening tool. For others, it's used to evaluate borderline cases. And some even use it as an information session for applicants.
How to Prepare

You can prepare for the interview in several ways: Practice speaking about your accomplishments. Be ready to go into greater depth than you did in your essays (but don't assume the interviewer has read them). Prepare two or three points about yourself that you want the interviewer to remember you by. Come armed with examples, or even a portfolio of your work, to showcase your achievements. Limit your use of business jargon. Finally, be prepared to give a strong and convincing answer to the interviewer's inevitable question, "Why here?"
103 interview questions and answers ( free pdf download)