Brutal SC - 68

This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:1 members

Brutal SC - 68

by nehakhas1 » Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:44 am
68. A recent poll indicates that many people in the United States hold a combination of conservative and liberal political views; i.e., they denounce the big government, saying government is doing too much and has become too powerful, while at the same time supporting many specific government programs for health care, education, and the environment.

A) they denounce the big government, saying government is doing too much and has become too powerful, while at the same time supporting

B) they denounce big government- they say that government is doing too much and has become too powerful-but supporting at the same time

C) they denounce big government, say that government is doing too much and it has become too powerful, while they support at the same time

D) while they denounce big government, saying that government is doing too much and has become too powerful, at the same time supporting

E) while they are denouncing big government- they say that government is doing too much and it has become too powerful-supporting at the same time

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts

by madhur_ahuja » Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:10 am
IMO B

A recent poll indicates that many people in the United States hold a combination of conservative and liberal political views; i.e., they denounce the big government, saying government is doing too much and has become too powerful, while at the same time supporting many specific government programs for health care, education, and the environment.

A) they denounce the big government, saying government is doing too much and has become too powerful, while at the same time supporting

denounce ..supporting is not parallel

B) they denounce big government- they say that government is doing too much and has become too powerful-but supporting at the same time

C) they denounce big government, say that government is doing too much and it has become too powerful, while they support at the same time

say incorrectly modifies government

E) while they are denouncing big government- they say that government is doing too much and it has become too powerful-supporting at the same time

Legendary Member

by real2008 » Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:38 am
is the OA D?

by BlindVision » Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:21 am
Tough one...

IMO=A
Life is a Test

by xcusemeplz2009 » Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:30 am
IMO C

OA pls

MBA Student
Followed by:17 members
GMAT Score:710

by gmat740 » Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:34 am
Hey Guys, what do you have to say about this

I think it is clear now.

by Mayur Sand » Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:32 am
Whats the problem with (D) here Please explain

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

ans

by nehakhas1 » Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:52 am
The answer is A

Re: ans

by madhur_ahuja » Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:43 am
nehakhas1 wrote:The answer is A
What is the source of this question ?

Legendary Member

Re: Brutal SC - 68

by ketkoag » Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:50 am
nehakhas1 wrote:68. A recent poll indicates that many people in the United States hold a combination of conservative and liberal political views; i.e., they denounce the big government, saying government is doing too much and has become too powerful, while at the same time supporting many specific government programs for health care, education, and the environment.

i FEEL THAT THIS SHOULD BE RIGHT OPTION AMONG ALL THE ANSWER CHOICES BUT I HAVE DOUBT REGARDING "saying government is doing"
I FEEL THAT THERE SHOULD BE A THAT AFTER SAYING..

HERE "THEY" BEFORE say IS REDUNDANT, I THINK WE DON'T NEED THE SECOND that. ALSO I AM NOT AWARE OF ANY RULE OR SOMETHING FOR USING "-" IN THE SENTENCE. I KNOW THAT THEY ARE USED TO DESCRIBE SOMETHING.. BUT NEED ADVICE IF IT INTEND TO MEAN SOMETHING ELSE.

USAGE OF say IS NOT ACCEPTABLE IMO.
D) while they denounce big government, saying that government is doing too much and has become too powerful, at the same time supporting AWKWARD

AGAIN HERE "THEY" IS REDUNDANT