21%
GMAT Pill RC Passages
21%

Total votes: 42

Legendary Member
Followed by:26 members

by mundasingh123 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:32 am
Target2009 wrote:
powerpuff wrote:Yeah, very true! The more you practice RC, the better you become. By the way, you seem to have used BTG Practice Questions.What do you think of BTG RCs ?
BTG RCs are good if not the best. Though not sure if worth for $99.

My fight with RC going for a while now. Tried many stuff like LSAT RC book, veritas RC, BTG, RC99, MGMAT RC book, Real LSAT RC que etc etc.

Among all RC99 seems to be best for practice, though some time I doubt on Passage structure. I never saw 6-7 para's in any of GMAT prep Practice tests. BTG & Veritas will come after RC99. MGMAT RC book is good for understanding RC Strategies. LSAT RC book: Useless for GMAT & LSAT proactice que: Some what good for practice if run out for resources.

For RC startegies, I belive we can also refer Ron's session.

Recently, I started referring Grockit OG explanation by JIM. I usually try OG que by myself, create Passage MAP, solve all que and then refer to Jim's video explanation to verify whether I was doing right or not.
Even Aristotle RC 99 comprise LSAT RCs

With all above ,now i manage to reach 75 to 80% accuracy.
I Seek Explanations Not Answers

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:2 members

by hja379 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:04 pm
Below is the link to the post where Ron (lunarpower) provides his take on RC 99.

https://www.beatthegmat.com/arsitoral-rc-t75750.html
Google "GMAT Pill"<--really helpful, worth checking out--especially for RC passages.
e-gmat SC: Never thought it would be fun learning SC.
India School Fund: Education through Innovation - A HBS start-up.

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:4 members
GMAT Score:660

by chendawg » Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:31 pm
hja379 wrote:Below is the link to the post where Ron (lunarpower) provides his take on RC 99.

https://www.beatthegmat.com/arsitoral-rc-t75750.html
Cliffs notes:

Ron points out the biggest problem with RC99 is that its passages for the most part have no central theme, among many other problems.

RC99 claims Ron is nitpicking and that their passages are sourced from various journals, dissertations, etc. and are then reprinted verbatim. RC99 also asks who decides what's representative of the GMAT. RC99 then points out Ron is doing this critique on Valentine's Day. The latter would be a good GMAT inference question lol.

Ron then breaks down the reasons why his critique is not nitpicking and shows that the problems are major issues (such as getting passages from an author that writes pop science who deliberately doesn't write in an overly formal, stilted, GMAT-type style). Ron addresses the Valentine's Day issue by saying his critiques took 14 minutes of his scheduled BTG GMAT forum duty.

RC99 realizes they're getting Ja Ruled and decides to take the high road by saying the debate is getting childish and thanks Ron for his input and feedback.