best prep class?!

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

best prep class?!

by arielsky » Sat Apr 28, 2007 4:59 pm
Well I've been thinking about getting into a prep class, but theres soo many, and although I've heard some great things about Manhattan, I dont live in the states, and the closest one would be like 8 hours drive away, so its just not possible. My choices are: Princeton, Kaplan, or Oxford (its one we have in Ontario, not sure if people have heard of this one)

I heard with Kaplan you can have the "ultimate test" experience thing where you actually get to sit a mock version of the test so it would be kind of useful in that sense.

For the people who did take prep classes which ones did you take, and how did you find them?

Community Manager
Followed by:2 members

Manhattan GMAT

by GCHall840 » Sat Apr 28, 2007 7:36 pm
I would go to manhattangmat.com and look up their GMAT prep course.
They offer a virtual online course where the only requirement is that you have a PC and an internet connection. Virtual means that there are live people teaching the class. For that reason, the class is very interactive and engaging. I would look into that way of taking a GMAT prep course because you can take that course at home or at your office, too. I think that the Manhattan GMAT prep course is very good.
Greg

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by fsar45 » Sun Apr 29, 2007 2:17 pm
I would recommend Princeton Review. Their GMAT materials are awesome and the tests are very close to the real one. Kaplan's tests are way off.

GMAT/MBA Expert

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:694 members
GMAT Score:780

by Stacey Koprince » Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:37 pm
Yes, we do have live virtual courses. The curriculum and instruction are identical to an in-person course. We use a web conferencing platform, everyone has headsets with mics to talk, and there are 2 teachers in each class simultaneously, not just one. As one teaches, the other answers questions in the direct messaging box.

I've had people in my classes from all over the world - and we consistently have students tell us how surprised they are by how effective the platform is. Typically, they start the class thinking it won't be as effective as an in-person class, but in the end-of-class survey, most tell us they think it was as effective as (if not more effective than) an in-person class.

If you'd like to check it out, you can sign up for one of our free 2-hour intro sessions on our web site. We also let a limited number of people sit in on the first actual class session for free before deciding whether to sign up (but there's a limit to the number of people who can do that, so you have to sign up early to make sure you get a seat in your desired class).
Please note: I do not use the Private Messaging system! I will not see any PMs that you send to me!!

Stacey Koprince
GMAT Instructor
Director of Online Community
Manhattan GMAT

Contributor to Beat The GMAT!

Learn more about me