B School Suggestions Welcom

Figure out where you wish to apply
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

B School Suggestions Welcom

by vivekw » Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:32 am
Hi Everyone,

I'm planning to apply to B Schools for the fall 2014 session. I'd really appreciate some suggestions on which schools i should apply to. I want to specialize/concentrate in the strategy field (primary) , but also study some public policy and social management (secondary goals)

Total Work Ex till date: 2 years and 2 months

Bachelors in Engineering, Electronics and Communication, 2011. Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra, Ranchi. 57.6% (I know its low and I will have to justify it in my essays and interviews)

GMAT : 740, 49Q, 41V

Work Experience:
One and a half years at a well known market research and business consulting firm, working on syndicated market research reports on the building technology sector, as well as a consulting project for a global lighting major.

7 months at a boutique market research firm, working on competitive and supplier intelligence projects for a number of clients across a number of industry sectors. Supplier intelligence and strategic procurement research have been my focus areas here.

Work related achievements: Ive worked on a pilot project that was instrumental in the client giving us a 5 year contract. I'm also the go to guy at the company for projects that require a deep dive into new sectors. I grasp concepts quickly, and use this ability to understand markets and their dynamics.

Extra-Curriculars:
I volunteer every week at a vocational training institute in Bangalore, to help the students there with their spoken English skills, which improves their employability.
I sing and play guitar, and have been in a couple of bands. I also write, though I haven't been published. (Yet Smile)
I've been an avid quizzer all my life, and take part in trivia nights at pubs, and have won national level quizzes at school levels.

I'm looking to move from the back end in the KPO process towards the front end, i.e. Management Consulting, while also learning public policy related management skills. My ideal job would be consulting to governments/ governmental bodies, or to be part of a think tank.

Thanks, and cheers,

Vivek

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by mayur vakil » Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:47 am
Hey! I too was researching on colleges which look for experienced candidates. However, I have less than three years of experience, the MGB course at SP Jain Global takes students even below three years of experience. So I guess that could be a good choice

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by nivethabarboza » Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:55 am
Executive MBA is not worth it if you do it from a random university, try doing it from some reputed university, mm sp jain global is pretty good from what I hvave heard