Posted:
1578 messages
Followed by:
34 members
GMAT Score:
Post Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:39 pm
Bernie@Haas wrote:
osirus0830 wrote:
Would you happen to know, what the Master's in Financial engineering program is like?
Unfortunately that is something that I don't know much about. Might want to check with the MFE office at Haas.
will do, thanks.

Enroll in a Veritas Prep GMAT class completely for FREE. Wondering if a GMAT course is right for you? Attend the first class session of an actual GMAT course, either in-person or live online, and see for yourself why so many students choose to work with Veritas Prep. Find a class now!
Post Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:59 am
For all of the Veterans applying to (or thinking about applying to) business school, I thought that the following article on the Haas School of Business website was very exciting, and might be of interest to you!

http://www2.haas.berkeley.edu/News/Newsroom/100412veterans.aspx

GMAT/MBA Expert

Post Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:04 pm
Thanks for sharing this, Lauren!

MBA Watch - Your one-stop shop for all MBA program research

GMAT/MBA Expert

money9111 Legendary Member
Posted:
2109 messages
Followed by:
77 members
GMAT Score:
Post Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:58 pm
Hi Haas students,

Do you have any insight or know of anyone who can provide insight into the LGBT life @ Haas? I know being in the Bay area must be a great environment. Do you know how many students are in Q@Haas? How active is the group? I recently visited another top school for an LGBT event and they said that their LGBT group was a very close knit community because of well the common bond and also that other students where membership was say 300 students in a club, they were jealous of the closeness of the LGBT students. Is this similar to @ Haas?

Sorry that may be very specific!

My story from Pre-MBA to Cornell MBA - New Post in Pre-MBA blog

Me featured on Poets & Quants

Free Book for MBA Applicants

Post Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:30 pm
money9111 wrote:
Hi Haas students,

Do you have any insight or know of anyone who can provide insight into the LGBT life @ Haas? I know being in the Bay area must be a great environment. Do you know how many students are in Q@Haas? How active is the group? I recently visited another top school for an LGBT event and they said that their LGBT group was a very close knit community because of well the common bond and also that other students where membership was say 300 students in a club, they were jealous of the closeness of the LGBT students. Is this similar to @ Haas?

Sorry that may be very specific!
Hi there,

I can answer this one. LGBT life is good at Haas. The culture is very accepting, and it's a non-issue whether you are LGBT or not. Q@Haas puts together some Haas wide events such as sponsoring one of the Monthly Consumption Functions, and a weekly Bar of the Week. There's also an LGBT Admissions Workshop sometime in the fall, so you should definitely try to attend that if you are interested in the school. It's a 1/2 day program that will give you a very good idea of what Haas is about. We are definitely one of the most active LGBT clubs in the top MBA programs, have one of the highest ratios of LGBT students to the class size, and our events are cited as "best practices" at the Reaching Out Leadership Summit between business schools every April.

There are usually 15-20 students who are actively in Q@Haas, and we are all very close with each other. Come for a visit and I'm sure you'll enjoy meeting the members here in Q@Haas!

Hope that helps!
Bernie

GMAT/MBA Expert

money9111 Legendary Member
Posted:
2109 messages
Followed by:
77 members
GMAT Score:
Post Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:26 am
Thank you! That's exactly the type of information I was looking for! I want to volunteer at the Reaching Out Conference this year in LA, since I'm not an MBA student yet, so I think I'm going to pair that with a Haas visit.

My story from Pre-MBA to Cornell MBA - New Post in Pre-MBA blog

Me featured on Poets & Quants

Free Book for MBA Applicants

Post Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:05 am
I attended Reaching Out as an applicant/prospective, and it was a BLAST! Definitely go if you can, and let Q@Haas know when you're visiting campus. They'll usually have someone meet with you.

I do highly recommend the LGBT Admissions Workshop in the fall though. Smile

skah-uh Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts Default Avatar
Posted:
16 messages
Post Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:33 pm
Thanks so much for taking the time to listen and respond to questions!

I'm curious about Haas's relationship to Amazon. Do you know of any fellow students who have taken jobs with Amazon after graduation? If so, in what capacity? It's a company I might like to work for, so I'm interested to know what kind of positions Haas graduates have taken.

What about entrepreneurs? Haas is touted as one of the top schools for entrepreneurial-minded MBAs. Is this justified? Also, I imagine that in addition to those peers of yours who start their own ventures, some people must come to the school intending to be entrepreneurs, and leave the school with jobs in the corporate world. I just wonder what kind of opportunities I, as a "non-traditional" student and entrepreneur, might have upon graduation, were I to decide to do something other than my own venture.

Thanks!

kaushal saxena Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts Default Avatar
Posted:
2 messages
Followed by:
1 members
Post Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:16 pm
Thanks Eric! I guess this thread is probably dead.

Ummm..
Hello,
Can any one of you please elaborate your monthly expenses while living. Approximately, What is the complete budget of a Hass student? Though, I've acquired info on budget from multiple online sources. But I believe a current Hass student would be able to tell the exact figure.

Thanks Smile

skalevar Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts Default Avatar
Posted:
70 messages
Test Date:
10/23/2010
GMAT Score:
Post Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:19 pm
Hi all,

If this thread is still alive, I have a few questions for all of you.

1) McKinsey, Bain, BCG (MBB) Hiring. I understand that roughly 25% of each year's class graduates into management consulting, but I have not been able to find precise figures on the number of hires to the Top Tier Management Consulting Firms (MBB). Do any of you have any insight into how many of the roughly 60 consulting hires go to MBB?

2) Venture Capital Hiring. Through the 2009 employment report, I noticed that less than 2% of Haas grads went into VC. Can any of you elaborate on the reasons for this? With Haas' proximity to Silicon Valley, and programs such as Haas Venture Fellows, I would think Haas would place a few more candidates into the VC path.

3) Can anyone elaborate on how many students either start their own businesses or join startups (<10 people) after grad?

Best Conversation Starters

1 Vincen 132 topics
2 lheiannie07 65 topics
3 LUANDATO 54 topics
4 Roland2rule 43 topics
5 ardz24 40 topics
See More Top Beat The GMAT Members...

Most Active Experts

1 image description Brent@GMATPrepNow

GMAT Prep Now Teacher

133 posts
2 image description GMATGuruNY

The Princeton Review Teacher

114 posts
3 image description EconomistGMATTutor

The Economist GMAT Tutor

113 posts
4 image description Rich.C@EMPOWERgma...

EMPOWERgmat

109 posts
5 image description DavidG@VeritasPrep

Veritas Prep

72 posts
See More Top Beat The GMAT Experts