After 4 months of hard work only 570 in gmat prep -need advs

Find out how Beat The GMAT members tackled GMAT test prep with positive results. Get tips on GMAT test prep materials, online courses, study tips, and more.
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by aashishneelkant » Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:38 am
Hi Rich,

Yes...i rescheduled my exam date to 19th September.
And kindly let me know your thoughts and suggestions.
I Hope, 6 more weeks of prep can help me overcome the adjustments.

Regards,
Aashish

by aashishneelkant » Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:38 am
Hello Rich,

Could you please tell me what adjustments can i make to correct my mistakes.
Do you recommend any service which will be helpful for this 6 weeks.
Kindly let me know your thoughts... waiting for your reply.

Regards,
Aashish

GMAT/MBA Expert

Elite Legendary Member
Followed by:511 members
GMAT Score:800

by [email protected] » Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:00 am
Hi Aashish,

Given your Scaled Scores on these CATs, and your score goal, you'll likely need to make some adjustments to how you handle BOTH the Quant and Verbal sections. With 6 weeks, you can still do a lot of studying and make some big improvements, but you're going to have to learn to 'see' (and respond to) the GMAT in different ways. If you keep dealing with the GMAT in the same way that you're dealing with it right now, then I would expect that you would score right around 600 on Test Day.

I think that the EMPOWERgmat Total Score Booster would help you considerably. Most of our clients complete that Study Plan in right around 6 weeks of time, so it would fit your timeframe. We have a variety of free resources on our site (www.empowergmat.com), so you can 'test out' the Course before setting up an account.

If you have any additional questions, then you can feel free to contact me directly.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Contact Rich at [email protected]

by stephanieh » Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:31 pm
carolinahbrah wrote:No offense, but it sounds like you don't have a very good grasp on English. Did you pass the TOEFL? If your verbal score is that low, maybe it would be best to take language classes in English.
Ouch! That's kind of harsh. I've read a fair number of non-native success stories (written in a similar casual non-native voice). You don't have to be a native English speaker to do well on the test. Also, it might not be practical to "study English" sufficiently and fit within the application window.