Admission consulting for INSEAD

Share tips as you apply, write essays, interview...
This topic has expert replies
Legendary Member
Followed by:5 members

by RBBmba@2014 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:14 pm
Thanks Laura for the clarification.

As I see quite a few of your clients share their feedback in this thread, BUT it'd be great if you could get some of your such Indian clients to chime in here (as I'm not sure whether the ones who share their thoughts here are any of your Indian clients!)...then folks like me can have a chat with 'em!

Hope you understand what I try to convey...!

Thank you and look forward to speaking with you.

@ Guys - any Indian clients of Laura Freedman present in the forum ? Would much appreciate if you please let us know your feedback and come forward to have a word on your journey to INSEAD in association with Laura.Thanks!

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by FreshLimeSoda » Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:12 pm
Hi RBBmba@2014,

First off I want to re-iterate that working with Laura was an absolute pleasure - she was incredibly insightful and was always willing to go above and beyond in terms of time commitment. For INSEAD, there is no better choice.

I'm also Indian and currently at INSEAD, so I can answer some of your other questions as well. I did have significant international experience when applying, so perhaps our situations are not directly comparable. That being said, I know many Indians at INSEAD right now who did not have a lot of (or any) international experience when applying - so it is by no means a deal breaker.

My sense is that the main thing INSEAD is looking for is an internationalist outlook - openness to different cultures, valuing diversity, a willingness to work in different parts of the world, a desire to be a truly global citizen. If you can show this in your story, then the quantum of specific international experience may not matter so much (though having it is obviously a plus and will definitely help you make the most out of the course).

I hope that clarifies things a little bit. If you send me a PM I'd be happy to answer any more specific questions you have.

Cheers

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Followed by:1 members

by charlie08 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:41 am
Hi everyone,

I started working with Laura Freedman, an MBA admissions consultant at Access Education (www.accesseducation.com) just two weeks before my MBA application deadline. I was far behind in the process, so Laura made time in her packed schedule to meet with me almost every day and for several hours on the night of the deadline. I was accepted to Wharton with a fellowship!

I spoke to several consultants (including Wharton alumni), but I immediately connected with Laura. Laura has amazing life experiences and is impressively knowledgeable on every subject, which enabled her to truly understand my background (she was traveling through my home country the first time I contacted her!). She was genuinely excited to work with me despite the tight deadline and my low GMAT.

Laura is a genius at storytelling and essay editing. She helped me weave together my thoughts into a cohesive story and pushed me to come up with ideas that I would have never thought of. She is passionate about her clients and cares about their success.

I recommend Laura for any MBA program that you are applying to. She is definitely the go-to person for INSEAD, but she knows other schools' cultures and processes extremely well.

Looking back, I wish I had started months earlier with Laura. In my short time working with her, Laura went above and beyond what was expected. Not only do I believe that she is the best MBA admissions consultant out there, but she is a great life mentor and role model. I will definitely keep in touch with her throughout my MBA journey and thereafter.

If you have any questions about my experiences working with Laura, please do not hesitate to PM me.

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by HBSAlumPE » Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:54 am
I worked with Scott Edinburgh at Personal MBA Coach and I could not have been happier! Scott offers an incredible personal experience that is very hard to find. The fact that you are working with an individual and not a company cannot be emphasized enough. Don't be fooled by the big company name / support services that some larger firms have. At the end of the day you work with one person most of the time so why not work directly with an expert for the same price rather than an employee of a larger firm?

I hired a more well known name referenced on here and was not satisfied as the support died off as it got closer to the deadlines. I then reached out to Scott via www.personalmbacoach.com and was floored by the level of support I got. While we only had a short amount of time since I contacted him late, he took the time to get to know me personally and professionally and he was the one coming up with essay topics after just a couple discussions. Scott is quite tough and it works out in the end. In a very short amount of time, we did an entire HBS application and I ultimately got in. (As well as a couple other programs I turned down)

With Personal MBA Coach, you get a great balance of no BS, direct and brutal feedback while at the same time you have encouraging support throughout the entire process. Whereas with the other more well-known name I felt like I was a number in the process, Scott brainstormed everything with me from start to finish. Scott is a hidden gem in the admissions consulting space and I have sent many friends to him over the years who also had great success!

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:7 members

by Michelle@ARINGO » Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:03 am
Hi everyone,
If anyone is still looking for admission consultant for INSEAD, our consultants staff includes 3 INSEAD graduates with extensive experience in helping MBA candidates get admitted to INSEAD.
Over the past year, our clients' success rate at INSEAD was 82%, and we would be happy to talk to anyone who is interested in applying to INSEAD.
For INSEAD application tips please visit: https://aringo.com/insead-business-school-mba/