Admission and Financial Assistance

Launched April 26, 2006
This topic has expert replies
Legendary Member
Followed by:5 members

Admission and Financial Assistance

by camitava » Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:11 pm
Hi,
I am a software professional. I have completed my bachelor of engineering in 2004 and right now I am working in a software firm. I am eager to appear for GMAT and want to do my MBA with finance as speciality. But I am not having any commerce background as well as I am not too much familiar with the finance system. In my professional career, I have worked in Banking domain only for 6 months or so. My doubt is -
1. Can I chose finance as speciality in my MBA?
2. I am an Indian by nationality. I am having some of my relatives in US. Can I get an educational loan from any US bank?
Please let me know about the fact. Waiting for your reply.
Correct me If I am wrong

Regards,

Amitava

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:2 members

by Amy » Thu Sep 06, 2007 2:10 pm
Hi camitava,

You can certainly do finance as a concentration if you don't have a background in finance. I would suggest learning as much as you can about the industry before you apply, because it will add credibility to your goals and help you figure out what you like and don't like before you start the program.

Most MBA programs offer loans for international students through US banks. I would advise looking into those loans through the schools you are interested in. You can contact the financial aid office of any program with specific questions.

Good luck!

Amy
Amy
Consultant
Stacy Blackman Consulting

Legendary Member
Followed by:5 members

by camitava » Thu Sep 06, 2007 8:19 pm
Thank u, Amy! Thanx a lot for your support.
Correct me If I am wrong

Regards,

Amitava