Accuracy in GMAT OG13 and Verbal Review

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Accuracy in GMAT OG13 and Verbal Review

by nishants » Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:05 pm
Hi,
I am planning to take GMAT in first week of December. I have been studying for almost 2 months now.
I have finished OG13 verbal-Quant and Verbal Review 2nd edition.
To tell you the truth my accuracy is not going above 75%. It is always between 70-75% either OG13 or review books.
I read Manhattan SC and Veritas CR Bible before attacking OG and verbal review. I am really worried that how much score will this 75% accuracy correspond to?
I do not want to take the GMAC prep tests and other similar tests now to check the score because I am reserving them for the last couple of weeks before the final test.

If anyone can give me feedback and tell from his/her experience, I will appreciate.

Thanks
Sahni

GMAT/MBA Expert

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:1268 members
GMAT Score:770

by Brent@GMATPrepNow » Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:01 am
nishants wrote: I do not want to take the GMAC prep tests and other similar tests now to check the score because I am reserving them for the last couple of weeks before the final test.
It's very hard to determine the GMAT score that corresponds to your 75% accuracy. There are too many other factors involved.

You should be taking practice tests throughout your prep. You can take the GMATPrep tests multiple times (see my article on the topic: https://www.beatthegmat.com/mba/2010/03/ ... iple-times) and since you have purchased a MGMAT book, you get access to several more practice tests. Plus many of the other test prep companies offer a free practice test.

With so many practice tests at your disposal, you should take at least one of them to help gauge your progress and give you an idea of how much work you have ahead of you (to reach your target score).

Cheers,
Brent
Brent Hanneson - Creator of GMATPrepNow.com

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by nishants » Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:51 am
Thanks for replying.

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:52 members
GMAT Score:760

by rishi raj » Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:04 am
Identifying the areas in which you are facing difficulty and then addressing it one by one is the way to go. That's how i aced the GMAT.