A manager needs to schedule a 2-hour planning meeting

This topic has expert replies
Legendary Member
Followed by:3 members
A manager needs to schedule a 2-hour planning meeting with himself and 3 employees for some time on Friday. Is there a 2-hour period available on Friday for the manager, Jones, and his three employees, Rubin, Sanches, and Tong, to meet?

(1) On Friday, Rubin has openings in his schedule from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m and from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. and Jones has openings in his schedule from 11 a.m. to 12 p.m and from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m.
(2) On Friday, Tong and Sanches each have openings in thier schedules from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m.

The OA is A .

Can any expert show me how to find this available period of 2 hours? I got confused.

GMAT/MBA Expert

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:34 members

by Jay@ManhattanReview » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:28 pm
VJesus12 wrote:A manager needs to schedule a 2-hour planning meeting with himself and 3 employees for some time on Friday. Is there a 2-hour period available on Friday for the manager, Jones, and his three employees, Rubin, Sanches, and Tong, to meet?

(1) On Friday, Rubin has openings in his schedule from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m and from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. and Jones has openings in his schedule from 11 a.m. to 12 p.m and from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m.
(2) On Friday, Tong and Sanches each have openings in thier schedules from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m.

The OA is A .

Can any expert show me how to find this available period of 2 hours? I got confused.

Between Rubin and Jones, there are only two 1-hour slots (11 am to 12 pm and 3 pm to 4 pm) are available, thus, it is not possible to have a 2-hour meeting. Sufficient.

(2) On Friday, Tong and Sanches each have openings in their schedules from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m.

We do not have any information about the availability of Rubin and Jones. Insufficient.

The correct answer: A

Hope this helps!

-Jay

Locations: New York | New Delhi | Seoul | Cairo | and many more...

Schedule your free consultation with an experienced GMAT Prep Advisor! Click here.