A dissapointed score....... feel sad

Find out how Beat The GMAT members tackled GMAT test prep with positive results. Get tips on GMAT test prep materials, online courses, study tips, and more.
This topic has expert replies
Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts

by Prasanna » Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:48 am
I would suggest that you definitely retake the test. Looking at your post I can observe that things have gone wrong on the timing front. Hence practice on the timing the answers. Time discipline comes by practice. Since you have Manhattan books, you should have access to the online tests. Manhattan quant is more difficult than the actual GMAT and you can learn the art of making calculated guessing. It will also teach you when to skip trying to answer questions but make random guesses.

I am confident that with little work on timing and revision of all the concepts, you should be able to hit the score you are looking for.

Wish you good luck.

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by optimisticsam » Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:32 am
I agree with Prasana above... one other thing I would like to note is -

It's not often quantity, but rather quality. It seems you have reviewed a monster amount of material. I would recommend really focusing on a few items and make sure you that your studying is of a very high quality and that you are really grasping the things you are working on.

I know in my personal experience, it's not hard to have your mind drift some when you are studying; really focusing on quality will eliminate silly mistakes, and hopefully, improve that score!

I commend your effort, I am sure you will be able to raise that score dramatically with some work.

Best of luck!

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by myornob » Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:04 am
Dear Prasanna & optimisticsam thanks for your comments on timing front improvement & on quality study. I am now thinking to give the test again. As I've moved so much to beat the exam.

Is there any other suggestions you can give me, as I am planning to give the exam this time with new passion.