A 580 and a good profile(I think)..Do I stand a chance?

Share tips as you apply, write essays, interview...
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Hello all,

I have my low GMAT score of 580 and some key points of my profile:

Working in IBM for 2 years-my first company after graduation and I'm already a team lead, leading a team of 5.
I have good academic record and few co curricular activities. Can elaborate these if I know I have a chance of getting in.
My target schools would be top 10 US and Europe.
Could you please tell me where I stand. (And I'm a female candidate...Not sure if that helps in anyway!)
I would have to postpone my MBA plans by 1 year if I would have to retake my GMAT(Which I seriously dont wanna do!! )

Thank you

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
GMAT Score:600

by ershovici » Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:12 am
I am not sure about TOP US schools may be they want something more, but for European BS I suppose your profile is very good.

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
GMAT Score:600

by ershovici » Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:15 pm
Just little add-on one of my friends has the similar experience profile and GMAT 560 and she was accepted to Rotterdam School of Management, that has rank 25 worldwide (financial times), so you have a chance to be addmited

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by repettovh » Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:17 pm
Hello,
Im in the same situation, and i would like to know if you applied and got accepted?

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by Ahodge24 » Sat May 03, 2014 6:05 pm
Take the extra year and try to get an 80% GMAT Range. I had 6 years experience and a 520...6 progressive years of experience that is. I got into a couple of schools. But it's hit or miss and def tough. If you et an interview you'll have to make sure you go prepared and "nail it" and be confident. Remember, don't beat yourself up over the GMAT...it's like 1/8 of your overall package and it's not way a fair representation of who you are as a student and professional worker.