770 -- 50 Q, 46 V -- Content First, Then Speed

Find out how Beat The GMAT members tackled GMAT test prep with positive results. Get tips on GMAT test prep materials, online courses, study tips, and more.
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by affalcon12 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:08 pm
This is outstanding! In the middle of my prep and this really has inspired me. I have read a lot of posts and advice from people, however; this is the best I've seen. Thank you!

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:1 members

by sanaa.rizwan » Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:26 pm
congratulations on the fabulous score

Your post is very motivating. I have just started my preparation and was very confused. In need of some guidance on what material to choose and how to make my study plan. Your post answers so many of my questions.

Thanks a lot.

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by AbiNichole » Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:52 am
I know this post is pretty old but I'm new to the board.

Thanks so much for sharing your journey! This is pretty much the same approach I'm taking.

Thanks again and CONGRATS! Hopefully by now you're sitting pretty at your dream school

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:266 members
GMAT Score:770

by Jim@StratusPrep » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:50 am
Yeah, this is a great post. Thanks for sharing.
GMAT Answers provides a world class adaptive learning platform.
-- Push button course navigation to simplify planning
-- Daily assignments to fit your exam timeline
-- Organized review that is tailored based on your abiility
-- 1,000s of unique GMAT questions
-- 100s of handwritten 'digital flip books' for OG questions
-- 100% Free Trial and less than $20 per month after.
-- Free GMAT Quantitative Review

by razaul karim » Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:27 am
thanks

Legendary Member
Followed by:14 members

by [email protected] » Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:49 pm
Seriously, what a DEBRIEF!!!

Loved it. Congratulations man and thanks for the guidances...
IT IS TIME TO BEAT THE GMAT

LEARNING, APPLICATION AND TIMING IS THE FACT OF GMAT AND LIFE AS WELL... KEEP PLAYING!!!

Whenever you feel that my post really helped you to learn something new, please press on the 'THANK' button.

by santosh.vutukuri » Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:31 pm
Highly Inspirations and thanks a ton for sharing your plan at glance.

Thanks
Santosh

by monnomad » Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:06 pm
santosh.vutukuri wrote:Highly Inspirations and thanks a ton for sharing your plan at glance.

Thanks
Santosh

Hi Santosh!

The post is pretty old however, i am really liking the approach and planning to do try it. Have you tried it, especially the books he mentioned? I have been away from study for couple of years and I would like to start with basics and content to get comfortable with questions before.

by tankd » Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:34 am
This is excellent! I am just getting started with my preparation and will be following your advice. I purchased the suggested MGMAT books, was wondering if it is best to go through each guide consecutively, one after the other, or if i should work on all the guides at once (i.e. word translations for 2 hours on monday, SC for 2 hours on tuesday) etc?

GMAT Score:660

by abduabd » Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:00 am
tankd wrote:This is excellent! I am just getting started with my preparation and will be following your advice. I purchased the suggested MGMAT books, was wondering if it is best to go through each guide consecutively, one after the other, or if i should work on all the guides at once (i.e. word translations for 2 hours on monday, SC for 2 hours on tuesday) etc?
Hello tankd. I, too, found this post to be very helpful. Concerning how to go about using the Manhattan GMAT books, have you looked at the BEATtheGMAT 60-day study guide? I have found it to be quite helpful so far with pacing my studying, and ensuring that I maintain good checks and balances on how much progress I am really making.

by munnaxxx » Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:13 pm
Thanks for sharing! Your post is a real treasure trove of advice, as you stated.

I too found the Manhattan GMAT series extremely informative and actually very complete (it does take ages to finish through all of the guidebooks + practice questions!), and I liked how concepts were explained step-by-step before actually showing how to put them into practice (unlike the Kaplan coursebook, for example).

And I also agree with not taking the OG GMat Diagnostic Exam before studying all the concepts, because, trust me, all it will do is discourage you if you see a really poor score like in my case!

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:1 members

by gmat barcelona » Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:26 am
Congratulations on your awesome score!!! Thanks for sharing your GMAT experience. Excellent advice!
Alexander Steward
GMAT & GRE Instructor
GMAT, TOEFL, GRE, IELTS & TOEIC Center Barcelona
**Prepara el Gmat en Barcelona con los expertos**
https://www.gmatbarcelona.com

Followed by:2 members

by JWparker1 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:38 pm
Hi Everyone,

Outside of the official GMAC material, where can I find additional quant questions ? I'm thinking of getting the MGMAT question bank online.

Thanks

by Rads93 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:52 pm
Hi,

Thank you so much for this debrief! It is really helpful! Just had another question - is there any strategy to be followed to tackle IR? Kindly advise.

Congratulations, dear! You did great job! I wish you good luck with future issues! I know it will all work out for you. By the way, you as a student might be interested. I I just know how difficult it is sometimes to combine study and some of your favorite things. Studies, essays or dissertations, often take most of the time. Overall here at bestessayservicesradar.com there are great guys who will help you write the same thesis. I finally managed to do my favorite things thanks to them. I think this is priceless.