730! Woohoo!! What a relief. Things that helped me do it.

Find out how Beat The GMAT members tackled GMAT test prep with positive results. Get tips on GMAT test prep materials, online courses, study tips, and more.
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Followed by:1 members
Aloha!

I'm so happy to say that I beat the GMAT! I've never posted on here but I really got a lot of help from all of you on the forums so let me say this: THANK YOU.

So my study strategy was basically this:

1. Read/Study through the entire KAPLAN GMAT prep book.

2. Do a couple of their online tests
That gave me sort of a "base" for my GMAT prep.

Now for the good part: These are the things that really got my score up.

3. Create a mistake log or error journal or whatever you want to call it.
Basically write down why you got whatever questions you got wrong, wrong. That way you can know the things that trip you up and it will give you a higher score.

4. Use the beatthegmat forums
I went to each of the topics and arranged the posts according to "likes," then I took the top 2-3 posts from each topic and studied those. It was super helpful.

5. Create flashcards that say "If I see a problem like...blah blah blah" and on the back say "I should...blah blah blah"
That was HUGE. It's like giving yourself a bunch of weapons that you can pull out and use to destroy the GMAT. Basically it will help you because then you will recognize problems on test day and know exactly what to do and feel on top of your game.

That's it! I hope that helps someone.

btw my practice tests were:
Kaplan book test (before ever studying): 480
Grockit: 680
Kaplan CAT: 670
Kaplan CAT #2: 650
Official GMAT Practice CAT: 680
Official GMAT Practice CAT #2: 740

Then my real GMAT score today was 730! I honestly think I could have done better on the math section by slowing down on the first few problems because even though I know they say it doesn't matter it seemed to me based on my official GMAT practice tests that it does matter. Plus I had some extra time at the end.

Also, I know that they say that the day or two before the test you shouldn't really study because it won't help you...well, I would say that I agree except you should just do some "light" study if that makes sense. I just looked over my mistake journal a little bit.

Next step: Get into a great grad school!

...and one more thing! This was amazing for my AWA: https://gmatclub.com/forum/how-to-get-6- ... 64327.html

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:8 members

by interviewbay22 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:06 am
Hello

Congratulations on the excellent score. Geared up for R1? What schools are you targeting?
All the Best

www.InterviewBay.com

Application Reviews &Mock Interviews by Alumni of Your Target B-School

Check out our free e-book on How to Get into a Top Business School here https://www.interviewbay.com/school/how- ... -ebook.php

by rayhbanks » Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:39 pm
Thanks!

I'm actually going to be applying for round 3 at UCLA and SDA Bocconi! Round 2 for the January intake at INSEAD.

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:8 members

by interviewbay22 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:54 am
All the best :)

Do let me know if you need a profile evaluation
All the Best

www.InterviewBay.com

Application Reviews &Mock Interviews by Alumni of Your Target B-School

Check out our free e-book on How to Get into a Top Business School here https://www.interviewbay.com/school/how- ... -ebook.php

by Denitza3 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:41 am
Hi, yes I'm agree with you, I've just beat the GMAT and it was so nice to obtain this diploma.
I'm dancer, I also play music in an orchestra since 6 years. I would like to pass the GMAT exam because I've obtained a diploma in communication and advertising strategy, master nivel two years ago.

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by gmat barcelona » Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:47 am
Congratulations on your awesome score rayhbanks!!
All the best with your applications. I hope you convert the school of your choice. :)
Alexander Steward
GMAT & GRE Instructor
GMAT, TOEFL, GRE, IELTS & TOEIC Center Barcelona
**Prepara el Gmat en Barcelona con los expertos**
https://www.gmatbarcelona.com