700 to 800 range questions (Quant & Verbal)

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Followed by:1 members
GMAT Score:700
Hey,
I have been studying for GMAT for the past couple of months.
I have completed MGMAT (8 book series), Kaplan (GMAT & 800) and OG (12th edition, verbal & Quant)
On my past four tests i have scored; 640 (MGMAT), 640 (MGMAT), 640 (GMAT Prep) & 700 (GMAT Prep).
I am making mistakes on the 700 to 800 level questions both in Quant and Verbal.

I am looking for reliable study material which would cover the 700 to 800 type questions and would be close to what one gets to see in the actual exam.

20 days to go for my GMAT.

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:4 members

by thestartupguy » Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:43 pm
There are few threads in BTG that has links for free resources.

I found this useful:
https://readyforgmat.com/math/documents/ ... rsion2.pdf

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by mourinhogmat1 » Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:11 pm
First step would be to analyze where you are going wrong, whether it is Quant or Verbal. Secondly, I would look at which section within Quant or Verbal. This would give a better idea of which section you want to attack to gain maximum score in your GMAT. Rather than attacking higher end tough problems, you may even realize that the basics maybe OFF. So, you need to really breakdown your scores before you make a decision.

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:365 members

by VivianKerr » Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:41 pm
I really have to agree with Mourin. It's not quantity of study that changes your score, but quality. Where are your weaknesses? What question-type is your best or worst? What skill areas need the most work? That's why Grockit's statistics are set up by skill tag -- it's hard to improve without extensive review of percentages correct/incorrect per content-area.

Looks like you know the content, especially if you're in the mid to upper 600's, but I think harder questions are slipping by you because your strategy might not be as solid as you think. I'd focus there.
Vivian Kerr
GMAT Rockstar, Tutor
https://www.GMATrockstar.com
https://www.yelp.com/biz/gmat-rockstar-los-angeles

Former Kaplan and Grockit instructor, freelance GMAT content creator, now offering affordable, effective, Skype-tutoring for the GMAT at $150/hr. Contact: [email protected]

Thank you for all the "thanks" and "follows"! :-)

by Raghavsrini » Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:05 am
I have a small doubt in a CR question:

Student enrollment at Central High School has declined in each of the past five years by an average of 7.9 percent, although graduation rates have risen. Therefore, the school should focus less on graduation rates and more on trying to attract new students.

The answer to which of the following questions would most likely point out the illogical nature of the conclusion drawn above?

1)What would be the consequences of an increased student dropout rate?

2)What is the average age of students applying to study at Central High School?

3)Are students applying at other high schools more academically committed?

4)Where are graduation rates of regional high schools compiled?

5)How would the school budget be affected by a new student recruitment program?

by AmyTan » Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:05 am
hey...
My situation is similar to yours. I am confused about the advanced material to refer next. I have done MGMAT guides, OGs, kaplan 800, powerscore cr. Even if i know the topics i am weak in where do i practice them from?

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by merwin11 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:35 am
Advanced material for what ? Quants or Verbal ? Preferably you can go through the Mgmat guides again or try their Advanced Quant book. For Verbal I found Aristotle very useful. They have a lot of questions too.