700 (Q50,V34) - So what did I do ?

Find out how Beat The GMAT members tackled GMAT test prep with positive results. Get tips on GMAT test prep materials, online courses, study tips, and more.
This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

700 (Q50,V34) - So what did I do ?

by ash g » Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:48 am
On the fence, wondering whether beat-the-gmat or beaten-by-gmat.
Target was 740.

Well, I could say that I lost my entire focus in verbal section, not that i am weak in verbal.

I could go for a retake but dont think it is worth it. My only issue is V34 70%ile, is it too low. I have read that top colleges do look for above 80%ile in both, so from that aspect, should I go for a retake. I can definitely do better in Verbal.

I am targeting schools btw Top 5 - Top 20, does this score suffice ? I have 7+ years of experience.

My practice scores
GMATPrep1-700
GMAPrep2-730
Manhattan Online-680
MGMAT1-730
MGMAT2-680
Kaplan Free Online-700

Regards,
Ash

hello ash

by saege » Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:30 am
Ash

First of all Congratulations on your score. But I know you havent crossed your target score but you have hope because GMAT is only one criterion that the B-schools accept. There are many more. You have to prepare essays and your letters of recommendation, your work experience, your extra ciricular activities your Leadership skills many more. Just show the admission consultants that you are the best in those areas as well then surely you will get into Top school.
Also make you you apply early and that all your papers are in order.

Avergae GMAT score shown in each school brochure is only indicative but that doesn't say that people who score above that number will be admitted or that people who score below that number will be rejected. As I said before it is only a criterion in the list of criterions.

Best of luck in you next step and do keep us posted.

by OnapiIndia » Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:44 am
Hi,
Firstly congratulations on your score your scores clearly show that you can easily improve anyways best of luck for your future.