590 What to do?

Free advice from the world's top MBA consultants
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

590 What to do?

by whoisrohit » Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:32 am
Hi.

Today i have given my GMAT and got a 590 Q48 and V24. I am planning to apply for colleges in singapore i.e. NUS,SMU and Nanyang. Do i stand any chances?

My GPA is 3.4 and have a experience of 2.5 yrs and by the time i will join a B school i will be completing 3 yrs. Extra curricular is OK.

Kindly help

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:2 members

by Paxton Helms - Kaplan » Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:23 pm
Hi and thanks for your note. A 590 was obviously not what you were shooting for but --given how strong your quant skills are (based on your high quant score)-- the verbal may not matter as much.

I specialize in US schools so I'm afraid I don't really know the schools that you are asking about.
Keep me in the loop about your thinking and let me know if you have any more questions.

Paxton

Paxton Helms is an MBA admissions consultant for Kaplan Admissions Consulting. He earned his MBA from UCLA and specializes in helping clients that are applying to top twenty and "reach" programs. He can be reached directly at [email protected].

To begin working with Paxton immediately, follow this link and request him specifically: https://www.kaptest.com/GMAT/Admissions- ... lting.html

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by whoisrohit » Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:27 pm
Hi Paxton,

If i want to try my luck in US then which rank college can i aim for? I want to do my MBA in finance.

Thanks and Regards,
Rohit

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:2 members

by Paxton Helms - Kaplan » Sun Dec 20, 2009 6:08 pm
With a 590...probably those that are ranked 20-40; but, more generally, you could probably shoot for a school w/ an average GMAT of about 650, though I would not focus exclusively on those schools, of course.
Keep me in the loop about your thinking and let me know if you have any more questions.

Paxton

Paxton Helms is an MBA admissions consultant for Kaplan Admissions Consulting. He earned his MBA from UCLA and specializes in helping clients that are applying to top twenty and "reach" programs. He can be reached directly at [email protected].

To begin working with Paxton immediately, follow this link and request him specifically: https://www.kaptest.com/GMAT/Admissions- ... lting.html