16 days away from GMAT Test Day. Help !!

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

16 days away from GMAT Test Day. Help !!

by Phoenix19 » Fri May 01, 2015 4:39 am
Hi All,

I have followed Beatthegmat 60 day study plan, but adjusted it keeping my work hours during the week and weekend off time in mind. I have completed Quant and Verbal preps and I am now ready to give my mock exams. My exam is on 16th May. I plan to give 5-6 full length exams and review each one. I then hope to identify my weakness and strengthen them before the next test mock test.

Could you pls help me with points that I must keep in mind before giving these mock exams,as I feel a bit nervous at this point. Also I have the following mock exam resources available. Pls let me know if there is any particular order/priority/difficulty levels of these exams.
-GMAT Prep 1&2 tests
-Manhattan 6 free full-length tests - after the purchase of their resources
and free trial online tests available

Legendary Member
Followed by:128 members
GMAT Score:770

by DavidG@VeritasPrep » Fri May 01, 2015 5:36 am
5-6 tests is an awful lot for two weeks. One exam that you review thoroughly and are able to derive concrete takeaways from is worth more than 3 exams that you don't have time to adequately analyze. There's no magic number, but I generally worry about burn-out if students are taking more than 2/week. Of the exams you mentioned, the two that are an absolute must are the GMATPrep tests. I'd also encourage you to work in some mindfulness meditation leading up to the exam: https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archi ... on/275564/
Veritas Prep | GMAT Instructor

Veritas Prep Reviews
Save $100 off any live Veritas Prep GMAT Course

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:13 members

by Rich@EconomistGMAT » Wed May 06, 2015 11:35 am
Hi Phoenix19,

I have to agree that 5-6 practice exams over 16 days is quite a few. While it's great that you're dedicated to getting to your target score, you'll likely burn out after taking so many practice exams.

That being said, have you already taken a number of practice exams? If so, those should be great resources to review so you can target problem areas or timing issues you might be having. I'm also curious to know what your target score is and if you've taken practice exams leading up to your post, what your scores have been to this point.

Best,
Rich