1000SC Question No 52

This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

1000SC Question No 52

by samyak » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:15 am
52. 52. According to the Better Business Bureau, if you fail to advertise the highest price in a range of prices for a service or product as prominently as that of the lowest, it violates the New York Consumer Protection Law.
(A) if you fail to advertise the highest price in a range of prices for a service or product as prominently as that of the lowest, it
(B) if one fails to advertise the highest price in a range of prices for a service or product as prominently as the lowest price, it
(C) failure to advertise the highest price in a range of prices for a service or product as prominently as the lowest
(D) failure to advertise as prominently the highest price in a range of prices for a service or product as the lowest
(E) failing to advertise as prominently the highest price in a range of prices for a service or products as that of the lowest

Please help me understand why C is the right choice. I opted for B.

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:7 members

by grockit_andrea » Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:47 pm
Choice B has the pronoun "it," without a clear antecedent for that pronoun. If "it" were changed to "one," I think B would be grammatically correct, although still not as concise and smooth-sounding as C.
Andrea A.
Grockit Tutor
https://www.grockit.com

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts

by subgeeth » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:40 am
again in C I feel highest price and lowest is not parallel
I feel none of the options are correct
Still working on my dreams best part is I have not achieved one yet !!!!!