SBC Increases Support for First-Generation College Students in Partnership with iMentor
Stacy Blackman Consulting recently partnered with iMentor, a leading nonprofit organization that works with high schools in communities in which most students will be first-generation college graduates.
Each year, iMentor recruits thousands of volunteers who commit to mentoring a high school student for at least three years, in many cases supporting these students throughout their undergraduate college experience.
iMentor and SBC will be working together on a number of initiatives supporting iMentor high school students, college students, and alums who are interested in using business to advance their life goals.
“We are thrilled to partner with Stacy Blackman Consulting. Our mission is to build mentoring relationships that empower first-generation students to graduate high school, succeed in college, and achieve their ambitions. We know that many of the young people we work with are interested in business careers, and our partnership with SBC has expanded the resources we offer to both the young people we serve and mentors with whom we work. We are excited to continue to add to our students’ toolkits for pursuing their professional goals.” —Jana L. Reed, iMentor Interim CEO
SBC and iMentor recently kicked off our partnership with a national webinar for iMentor volunteers as well as iMentor high school and college students, offering each of these groups a range of tools and resources to help them advance their future business goals. We received rave reviews from all three sessions, including the feedback below:
- “My experience was very good, I learned so much about the differences in business school and the importance of an MBA.”
- “Amazing experience. I learned that you need about 3-5 years of work experience to get a MBA, but MBA is based on skills and management.”
- “I got a lot of clarification on what an MBA does and how to obtain it properly. Gained a lot of knowledge on what to do now to prepare for business school.”
- “Excellent crash course on how to get into business school. Short and sweet but made an impact. Knowledgeable speakers and good content.
- “The event has brought me one step closer to successfully obtaining my MBA.”
We would like to thank all the SBC team members who have volunteered to make this partnership possible and we look forward to working with iMentor to plan more events later this year.
If you would like to learn more about iMentor’s work or find out what it’s like to mentor a high school student, please visit their website.
This partnership with iMentor complements our existing partnership with the Riordan Programs supporting minority MBA applicants. For more information about our social impact work and partnerships, please click here.
Stacy Blackman Consulting is the only MBA admissions firm with a complete panel of former Admissions Officers from every M7 program and the elite European MBA programs. If you are looking for guidance on your MBA application, we can help with hourly and comprehensive consulting services. Contact us to learn more.