How to improve social science knowledge

This topic has expert replies
Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts

How to improve social science knowledge

by wilderness » Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:03 pm
Hi,

I have found that my speed and score on the RC is closely related to the subject. I score good and time well when working on topics like politics, science or history, I take ages to go through texts on social science subjects like sociology, psychology, political science etc.

I think it has a lot to do with my background. I have hardly taken a course in any of these or read much about it. Resultingly, I take a long time in comparing to psychology related ideas (e.g. Aristotle theory vs Plato's theory). While comparing Einstein's theory to Newton just appears much easier.

I am sure there must be other who would have had this same problem. So the question is How can I improve on my deficieny in these areas Some suggestions ? some good reading material on these topics Or best some RC practise on Social sciences !

THanks.

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts

by Prasanna » Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:28 am
In my opinion, you need not spend time on getting to know the various subjects. Even if you want you cannot. On the actual test, no one knows what subject your RC would be based on. It could be anthropology, oceanology, theology or what not :wink:

Further the areas where you think you are comfortable may troubke you some times if the passage is going against your knowledge.

I would suggest you just focus on the passage as it comes. Probably you need to mentally prep yourself for this.