Please rate this analysis of an Issue

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
1. In some countries, television and radio programs are carefully censored for offensive language and behavior. In other countries, there is little or no censorship.
In your view, to what extent should government or any other group be able to censor television or radio programs? Explain, giving relevant reasons and/or examples to support your position.

I agree that television and radio programs should be carefully censored for offensive language and behavior and be controlled by the government body.

For example on television all the shows, add or movies that can cause harm to young child mind should be marked as a category and should be censored. On radio we should not allow the controversial speech to be broadcasted.
As television and radio are most popular way of communication for the activity around the world, so we must have some control over it.

But excess of anything is bad and therefore it can spoil or change the idea of the message. We should have defined guidelines for censorship as show with vulgarity will be sensor. Speech with communal remarks will be censored from broadcast.

Finally, i will like to specify that our mind is developed the way read, see or hear. So, having the censorship will be a better way to nature the young mind for future.

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:1 members

by parore26 » Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:34 am
I would give this a 2.0 There are some good points and examples but you haven't really elaborated on any of these points. This argument: "As television and radio are most popular way of communication for the activity around the world, so we must have some control over it. " has no backing or evidence to prove that.

Your essay is very very short for someone who has been given 30 minutes to argue "for" or "against" this issue.