Suggestion on practice material.

This topic has expert replies
Legendary Member
Followed by:26 members
GMAT Score:680

Suggestion on practice material.

by sam2304 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:12 am
Are the old 1000 series and the paper based tests any good for practice ? How good are those materials ?

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:4 members

by akhilsuhag » Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:45 am
It would be helpful if you could let us know wat stage of the prep are u in. Looking at that study material could be suggested.
Although I am not sure of the material you have mentioned. Try them if you have run out of material for practice. Otherwise thr is no real point. Quality should be your main goal!!

I hope it helps!!
Please press "thanks" if you think my post has helped you.. Cheers!!

Legendary Member

by sam2304 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:45 am
Ran out of OG 11 and 12 problems. I am not quite good in verbal. Planning to take the next mock in a week's time. Thought of working on CR and DS alone for the time being to improve my timing. So will those materials be of any help or should i go on for something else ?

Took my first MGMAT mock last week and got a pathetic 590 Q43 V29. Confident of getting at least 650 but it went pretty bad. CR, RC and DS pulled my score down.
As far as I know I was getting tensed concerned about the time and chose answers a step ahead before reaching a definitive answers for most of the tough DS questions. Same was the case with CR and RC that I was concentrating more on the time running so fast than on the problem. While reviewing first I marked down the questions which went wrong and when I tried solving without any time limit I chose the right answer the second time for most of the wrong questions. When I was giving the test I finished both the sections 5 to 6 mins ahead of time. Each additional minute on one pblm in DS, CR, RC would have got me some 8 to 10 questions right at least considering the number of question i got right the second time.

Followed by:6 members

by prateek_guy2004 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:54 am
Hi

Well i only trust gmat paper based test.

Chaw

Followed by:4 members

by akhilsuhag » Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:55 am
So Sam you are basically out of practice material.

1. You might get more practice material but don't forget going back and solving the questions you have gotten wrong in the OG's again and again.

2. I am of the view of using only tried and tested material. Now this can take 2 forms: Books and/or online material:

(a) Kaplan books provide a decent set of questions (kaplan premier, 800 and the workbooks.)

(b) This is what I would suggest or take if I were you. Grockit.com is an online question bank. It tracks you progress, tells your weak areas, lets you target weak areas and also has experienced instructors to help you with the solution. I dunno where are you from but in India they offer their services for Rs. 300 a month (which is pretty decent). Please go and check them out, you can get a free demo as well.

So these are the two options I can give you.

I hope my post helps!!
Please press "thanks" if you think my post has helped you.. Cheers!!

Legendary Member

by sam2304 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:55 pm
Thanks akhil and prateek :) Will check out grockit.com and I am from Chennai :)

Followed by:60 members

by arun@crackverbal » Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:37 am
I strongly suggest you take the GMATPrep as many times as possible. Once done 4-5 times you should quickly hit the document with authentic GMATPrep questions (available online). This will be a very rich source of practice till you take the test.

After having done OG, and these GMATPrep questions you shouldn't need anything else. If you think you need more practice - you are perhaps missing out on the approach/strategy some place.

HTH,

Arun
Founder of CrackVerbal - India's fastest growing GMAT Prepration and MBA Admissions Consulting Company. https://gmat.crackverbal.com

Free Ebook on GMAT | GMAT Scoring, Study plan, top study mistakes etc
Download here: https://gmat.crackverbal.com/15-minute-gmat-guide

Good enough to get into Harvard? Or would be it ISB? Get a free profile report PDF mailed to you: https://applications.crackverbal.com/fre ... valuation/