Admission in Langone

Launched April 26, 2006
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Admission in Langone

by Shashi Ranjan » Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:23 am
Hi Stacy,

Would like to have your asessment on my prospect for the Part Time MBA program from Stern (Langone). I am from India and have spent my 32 years in India only. I am a Chartered Accountant by profession with 10 years of experience with MNC's like LG, Reckitt Benckiser, Colgate Palmolive & Pernod Ricard (Current) organisation in various capacities. I am currently a Senior Manager in the Financial Planning and Analysis team of Pernod Ricard India's operation and have been with them for more than 4 years now. I am being transerred to Pernod Ricard US operations based out of NYC.I will have no problem with recommendationn,as I have been consistent performer in all my previous assignments. The only potential problem I foresee is my GMAT score as I feel it is on the lower side 640, that too after two attempts.

Do you think its worth a try. Please suggest.

Thanks & Best Regards
Shashi Ranjan

GMAT/MBA Expert

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:148 members

by Lisa Anderson » Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:14 pm
Dear Shashi,

I think it is possible you could be admitted to the Langone program at NYU with a strong overall application package. While your 640 might be below average, it is likely in range. If you have a record of high academic achievement and a successful career track record, then you can balance your GMAT score in the eyes of the committee. The key will be in submitting a strong, compelling package which conveys both your rationale for an MBA (especially at this point in your career) and why Langone is the right program for you.

Good luck,
Lisa
Lisa Anderson
Consultant
Stacy Blackman Consulting

Learn more about me