Unexpected 710

Find out how Beat The GMAT members tackled GMAT test prep with positive results. Get tips on GMAT test prep materials, online courses, study tips, and more.
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Unexpected 710

by chmatmar » Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:46 am
I am so happy!! I was about to re-book my 2nd GMAT 3 days before the test, I had not studied in the last month or so and when I attempted Cramming on the weekend I was really depressed. But I took the chance and got a 710!!! its incredible how the state you are in on D-day H-hour affects your performance.

Here is the full story.

I started studying in january with april 26th as a test date, about 4 hours a week, because I am a worksite superintendent and don't have a lot of time. I devoted every weekend in march and every weekend in april only into studying (even easter) took the official MGMAT 5 days before D-day and got a 740. I thought I was ready. I took it, got nervous, took too long in math questions ended up guessing. Then i was bummbed out for the verbal or I don't know what.....anyway I got a 640... not what I was looking for.

I rebooked my GMAT for today (june 15th) and decided to take a couple of weeks off studying to refresh myself and old friendships and relax. I had visit from my family and the 2 weeks ended up turning into a full month. I suddenly realized, man my test is next wednesday, I tried to re-book but it was so late that I had to pay the full ammount.

What to do, I was for sure going to do worse, well I decided, I'll go over the stuff I know, practice and relax, I'll take it again in september. so I did, I decided to study but keep the pressure off, I took Grockits practice GMAT and got a 620....I was really devastated. I almost payed the full amount to re-book it for september. But I went for a run, concentrated and went over the basic formulas.

Woke up extra early today, took a cold shower had a couple of coffees, to be extra awake, and decided to wing it. I spent too much time in some of the math questions, due to lack of practice, and I thought I was doomed when easy peasy questions started comming up.

but in the end 710!! O M G.....I feel if I studied more I could do better, but I think I'm going to stick with this.

THANKS TO BEAT THE GMAT, GREAT RESOURCE, AS WELL AS GROCKIT...VERY MOTIVATING.

YUJUUUU!!!!

Legendary Member
Followed by:34 members
GMAT Score:720

by vineeshp » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:57 pm
Congrats!
Vineesh,
Just telling you what I know and think. I am not the expert. :)

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by careers.asd » Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:09 am
There are no accidents.. you probably desered to get what you have in hand. Look around there are may peopl trying to touch even 500 marks for years.