Opinion needed - TUFTS MIB (Master of International Business

Share tips as you apply, write essays, interview...
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
I came across this program online and noticed that 2008 would be it's first class year.

It's a join program between Tuft's international policy and business school. However, they offer MIB/JD program too. I know Tuft's well known in the international policy/ foreign affair area, but how would this MIB degree be preceived comparing to other MBA program?

Also, they have join program with Haas, HBS, and CEIBs, all of which are great top 10 schools. Would this put Tuft's MIB program in the same range on the rank?

Anyone heard of it? Anyone interested?
INSEAD, NYU, Yale, Tufts...

Looking to get out of Audit

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts

by jelt » Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:39 pm
Having joint programmes is not the same as conferring a joint degree. If what you want is an international policy degree with a business focus, then the MIB sounds perfect. If what you want is to 'get out of audit', then the MBA is probably a much better (and probably pricier) choice.

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by solaris » Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:20 pm
I posted a reply to your question in the Ask Stacy Blackman forum. Also, bear in mind the MIB is no less expensive than an MBA - so be careful in evaluating the future benefits of a degree from Fletcher versus an MBA from a top 20 school.