Are retired paper test the best practice test to use?

This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
Are the old test you buy from mba.com the best practice test to use or are the practice questions in the offical study guide v11 or v10 better? Thanks

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by rajs.kumar » Sat Nov 11, 2006 10:57 pm
I personally feel you have to use both.

OG is for preparation before the test to understand the underlying concepts correctly.

Pratices tests serve a different purpose. These tests give you an idea of you endurance during real test, how you should time your questions, when to make choices between random guessing and spending too much time on a particular question etc.

Basically these give lot of statistical details, and a simulated test experience. Having said that the two CATs provided by GMAC is better than the paper tests.

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by analytchem » Sun Nov 12, 2006 1:19 pm
1. What is OG?
2. Where can I get these CATs from GMAC. Are they a software program, is there somewhere I can download them from. Can anyone share theirs with me? Thanks

GMAT/MBA Expert

Site Admin
Followed by:994 members

by beatthegmat » Sun Nov 12, 2006 9:23 pm
analytchem wrote:1. What is OG?
2. Where can I get these CATs from GMAC. Are they a software program, is there somewhere I can download them from. Can anyone share theirs with me? Thanks
OG - Official Guide to GMAT Review. These are actual but retired GMAT questions. This is a MUST-HAVE book for GMAT preparation.

You can download GMATPrep from MBA.com. These free practice tests are the most accurate indicator of your actual GMAT performance.

Best of luck!
Beat The GMAT | The MBA Social Network
Community Management Team

Research Top GMAT Prep Courses:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/gmat-prep-courses

Research The World's Top MBA Programs:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/mba/school