105 ibt

You just Beat The TOEFL/IELTS/Cambridge/PTE!
This topic has expert replies
Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts

105 ibt

by towerSpider » Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:41 pm
Well night before the test was wedding of my sister. It was in islamabad (180) km away. I decided i would go in car. Leave car to my family and retire early to come in luxury bus to get nap for test in morning at nine o clock . Well in islamabad i find that my uncles car got over heated on his way to islamabad so they had to come by other means so i kind of had responsibility to take them back to peshawar. Well so i had to wait for them and it got too late. Well anyhow my booking was cancelled and i reached at four instead of eleven. Now i had only few hours to sleep. Well i could not sleep well and in the morning went to center without breakfast. The head was guy from seventy movies. He had old circle shased lights in his car. Wore fat and short tie . Had curly hair. His jeans big at bottom and tight at top. Well my head was dozing like pendulum because of sleep and hunger. I managed it. In break i was asked to strictly stay in rest room . I was hungry. I slipped out and ran to market for quick nibble. I had only ten minutes. I bought two sandwiches. Since i had little time i ran towards center and ate my the thing simultaneously. It caused hiccups. I quickly went to centre. Now i was worse. I had hiccups and sleep. The instructor had told us to raise hand when i have problem. He was sitting in separate room , would round after few minutes. So i thought there must be camera in which he would see me while i raise my hand . My screen got froze for few seconds and i raised hand but he didnt show up . Later i found that he meant to raise while he is around. Any how my sleepy mind gave me problem in listening only. In which you have to have very acute attention and you can not listen twice. Thats why i had least score in it.

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts

by towerSpider » Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:56 pm
You see the very first thing one must do is to be hundred percent fresh and comfortable in test. They test no rigid skills. Toefl is not even competitive. It is mostly requirement. So you must be fresh. I think before you take test, you should competely understand the format and instructions. And do few practice tests before you admit. Yes two things are unique: speaking and writing. For speaking you must practice for at least one week with you friends and family just before test. Writing is pretty similar to gmat, gre, sat. Just know the type of it and then write away. But these things are essential: your stand, your support (logic, examples, hitler like oration), and conclusion. My was whether one should have good money job or satisfactory job. To be honest i did something different or more than usually required or advised. First i laughed. I could not laugh in high volume so i laughed like this : "khekhekhe". I thought i have no job offer and they are asking me to choose between two. Anyhow first i stated what one should do if is free and has only one option and what if if has both options. So this almost doubled my essay.

Site Admin
Followed by:550 members
GMAT Score:770

by DanaJ » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:40 pm
Heh, you had quite the experience! But your score is pretty solid, so you did pretty well overall!