How to score 720?? Some tips for my case

Find out how Beat The GMAT members tackled GMAT test prep with positive results. Get tips on GMAT test prep materials, online courses, study tips, and more.
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Okay here is my story.

I have just studied for 8 days till today.

I have given 3 Kaplan Premier test.

Test 1 600
Test 2 590
Test 3 570

I have been unable to complete both my sections. In Quants every test i am able to answer only 30 to 32 of the 37 questions and verbal around 37 out of 41 questions.

I am working on speed.

Can u tell me what is the score penalty i might have suffered.

I have got an average of 42 in quants and 28 in verbal.

Here is my issue i have another 6 days for the gmat.

So how accurate are the KAPLAN scores.

ill start with the official MBA.com tests in like 2 days.

So any one can provide me any help please do.

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
GMAT Score:740

by aakaps » Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:02 pm
Aayush, if I were you, I will just analyze the kaplan results, learn my mistakes and thats it. I wrote Kaplan free test and got about 620, 1 week before the test but I wrote GMAT Prep and got 720, so I knew the difference. Better focus on real test problems and their solutions than any other material. 8 Days is good to go if you can only do official questions and analyze your faults. The questions start forming a pattern and you can make them out as soon as you see them on your real test!

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:28 members

by sivaelectric » Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:37 pm
Kaplan scores are very close to your level of knowledge... analyze the performance sheet of your Kaplan tests and you will know where you are falling back. I took Kaplan practice test 10 days back and found out that I am on the beginner level in RC. Before the exam I thought I was good in RC. So, analyze the results and concentrate based on that. you have not mentioned when you are appearing for GMAT. GMAC council says 100-120 hours is an ideal number for preparation to achieve a 700+.
If I am wrong correct me :), If my post helped let me know by clicking the Thanks button ;).

Chitra Sivasankar Arunagiri

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by ayush_lihala » Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:46 am
Another question guys i get 85% to 90% accuracy on RC and CR.

Maths is going well almost 90% in official test questions.

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
GMAT Score:740

by aakaps » Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:47 am
I think if you read the RC well, 90% is a good accuracy. CR can goto 100%, just do some good OG questions and you will start seeing the pattern as I said. I will again say and have read many places, dont rely on Kaplan or any other non-official tests for your actual standing. There can be a lot of fluctuations in anyone else's grading.

Math 90% is good too, depends if you are doing those correct initially, that should take your score up. Do brush up with the BTG flashcards, those are great last minute help! Many questions I did not know how to solve got easier by those flashcards. Best of luck!!