670 (48 34) Did it in my own way!

Find out how Beat The GMAT members tackled GMAT test prep with positive results. Get tips on GMAT test prep materials, online courses, study tips, and more.
This topic has expert replies
Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts

670 (48 34) Did it in my own way!

by El Cucu » Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:21 pm
Gentlemen

In my way I finally beat the gmat!

My Advice: 1st Quality then Quantity

I am international and tried everything from Pincenton to Kaplan, Manhatan, and so on but none of them was good enough for Verbal.

In general, Admissions can´t evaluate you in depth so they use Gmat as first and most important filter -although they never say this-, then business experience, gpa and community service.

If you want to go to Harvard or Stanford in general you must be very young too. These universities are increasingly admitting a lot of guys with less than 2 yrs of experience ( Believe me, I was there!) Harvard also interviews people who are in the top 5 % of college.

All the best to all and thanks to this great community for everything, ( Logitech, Dana J, Stacy, Ivan, and son on) and remember NEVER GIVE UP!
Last edited by El Cucu on Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by GMAC2010 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:43 pm
Good score!

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by chinocb10 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:47 pm
El Cucu wrote:Gentlemen

Don´t forget to hire an experienced tutor. Below 650 don´t waste time applying to top 15 business school unless you are the son of Warren Buffet!
You should never put a score on yourself... let the school take that decision, NOT you!! Instead you should encourage people to give it a try!

Eric wrote a nice article today about this same stuff!