Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Profile Evaluation

by ansingha » Sun Sep 16, 2007 5:07 am
Hi Amy,

My Profile:

B.Tech (2005): Indian Institue of Technology, Bombay
CGPA: 6.95/10

Work Experience: (Total: 2+ Years)
1.4 Years: Applications Developer in one of the ERP Giant. (1 Promotion) {Working under a non-Indian Manager}

9+ Months: Mgmt. Consultant in a Botique (Start-up) Operations consulting firm. Good organizational responsibilites. Straight Client facing role. 3 Months of International Experience.

Extra-Curricular: So-So {Done at all levels: school, college, work}

Community Service: So-So {Done at college and work level}

GMAT: 700 {Quant: 49, Verbal : 35}

1) Which all schools can i target (For 2008 Session)?

2) How does rewriting my GMAT and getting a score of (a) 730 or (b) 760 improve my chances for targetting a higher ranking school?

Thanks,
Animesh

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:2 members

by Amy » Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:15 pm
Hi Animesh,

Your GMAT is fine, I'm more concerned about your short time working and your lack of extracurricular and community activities. I would suggest taking some time to really think about how you will make the case for your unique qualities that you bring to the school, and how you will communicate your interests outside of work.

If you have any outside of work experience that involves leadership that will be quite helpful.

Good luck!

Amy
Amy
Consultant
Stacy Blackman Consulting

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by ansingha » Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:24 am
Hi Amy,

What is the rough % of people entering the B schools (of total class size) with a total work-ex of 3 years [at the time of joining]

Thanks,

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:2 members

by Amy » Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:57 am
Hi ansingha,

Most schools publish average years worked by their students, and a range (for instance, HBS students in the class of 2008 had an average 54 months of work experience and a range of 0-132 months). I can't tell you the overall percentage of students with work experience of 3 years for all b-schools.

Good luck!

Amy
Amy
Consultant
Stacy Blackman Consulting