how to stay in cool frame of mind ???

This topic has expert replies
Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts

how to stay in cool frame of mind ???

by cooldude » Sun Sep 24, 2006 2:00 am
hi to everyone!!!!!!

can any experienced test taker here suggest me how to keep ur test-nervousness or testphobia in check?i wld really appreciate any cool trick

i recently took a test and found myself very nervous at the startin in maths ection leading to very silly mistakes

so any good miilion dollar advice for me? :idea: :arrow: :roll:

Community Manager
Followed by:1 members

Re: how to stay in cool frame of mind ???

by wildrebel » Sun Sep 24, 2006 4:33 am
cooldude wrote:hi to everyone!!!!!!

can any experienced test taker here suggest me how to keep ur test-nervousness or testphobia in check?i wld really appreciate any cool trick

i recently took a test and found myself very nervous at the startin in maths ection leading to very silly mistakes

so any good miilion dollar advice for me? :idea: :arrow: :roll:
The 2-3 days before the test- do very little.

Solving more and more questions won't help. what you have learnt up till then is all you can count on.

On the last day- watch tv. Go watch a movie. Go for a walk, meet some friends for coffee. Anything that'll get your mind off GMAT and put you in a good mood.

All the best
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
- Groucho Marx

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts

by cooldude » Sun Sep 24, 2006 6:21 am
thnx for the advice man but isnt it important to stay focused? :?:
will it be okay to get away from questios 2-3 days before?

wat u say

neways i will definalteyly try this during my test prep while taking a sample tets

thnx again

Community Manager
Followed by:1 members

by wildrebel » Sun Sep 24, 2006 7:11 am
cooldude wrote:thnx for the advice man but isnt it important to stay focused? :?:
will it be okay to get away from questios 2-3 days before?

wat u say

neways i will definalteyly try this during my test prep while taking a sample tets

thnx again
Whatever works for you! I've had friends who were TOO nervous, and TOO focused on the exam, so they messed up. I also know people who were SO relaxed, that they ended up taking the test too lightly.

either extreme is bad- find your own middle level. My suggestion is that you'd rather err on the side of relaxation, than nervousness.

keep your focus strong, but DON'T make it your ONLY focus. GMAT is only one component. Trust me, I'm trying to work on my essays/interviews, and that seems infinitely harder than solving sentence correction.

so go in happy, excited and looking forward to the challenge with confidence.

all the best!
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
- Groucho Marx