Not showing up to GMAT Test

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Not showing up to GMAT Test

by money » Sat Sep 23, 2006 9:02 am
Hello,

I was wondering what would happen if you did not show up for the GMAT test. Also what happens if I decide not to except my actual score...will it show up on my GMAT record for all schools applying? What is worse...not showing up or not excepting my score. Thanks.

GMAT/MBA Expert

Site Admin
Followed by:994 members

Re: Not showing up to GMAT Test

by beatthegmat » Sat Sep 23, 2006 9:58 am
money wrote:Hello,

I was wondering what would happen if you did not show up for the GMAT test. Also what happens if I decide not to except my actual score...will it show up on my GMAT record for all schools applying? What is worse...not showing up or not excepting my score. Thanks.
When you schedule your GMAT, you should ask the scheduler this question just to confirm. But I believe that if you do not show up to your GMAT, it will not be reflected on your official GMAT record that schools review.

Try to make it though. You will definitely lose your money if you don't show up!

Best of luck!
Beat The GMAT | The MBA Social Network
Community Management Team

Research Top GMAT Prep Courses:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/gmat-prep-courses

Research The World's Top MBA Programs:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/mba/school

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by SummerSquall » Mon Sep 25, 2006 5:51 am
If you don't show up, you lose your fee, so it's really not wise to do that. If you're not ready for the test, reschedule it before your test day.

If you take the test but cancel the score before they show it to you, the fact that you cancelled a score will show up on your test report, but most schools don't really care. They might ask you briefly why you canceled, but they're going to look at your actual score and ignore a canceled score.

When's your test? How have you been prepping?