From 430 to 610 thanks to GMAT Fix

Find out how Beat The GMAT members tackled GMAT test prep with positive results. Get tips on GMAT test prep materials, online courses, study tips, and more.
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

From 430 to 610 thanks to GMAT Fix

by MCecile » Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:46 pm
Last February, on the 26th, I took the GMAT test, very unprepared it turned out. I got a poor 430 score. That score hit me very hard. I rescheduled the test for March 25. This time, I bought from GMATfix, the black book which is a companion for the big orange OG. A friend had recommended it. It was the greatest book I have ever bought for my preparation. Patrick Siewe, the author is a GMAT tutor, a very impressive one. He has great techniques to attack each math question. In addition to his book, I paid for 3 hours tutoring. It was enough to get me started with maths, and the AWA, areas I wanted my scores improved. I only needed a 550 score. Well ... I got a 610!!

I am a very busy mom, working full time, so I only had 2 hours per day to study intensively. I started on March 1st, 2 hours per day Monday through Friday. A complete test from mba.com every weekend. Will I have more time to study each day, I will definitely score more than 610.

If you want to improve your score, I strongly recommend you to check www.gmatfix.com. You'll not regret it!

MC

Community Manager
Followed by:252 members

by papgust » Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:48 pm
Congratulations on your score! Thank you very much for your feedback about the book!

MBA Student
Followed by:9 members
GMAT Score:640

by hk » Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:36 pm
Thanks an amazing score boost. Congratulation and thanks for the recommendation.
Wanna know what I'm upto? Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/harikrish

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by MCecile » Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:33 pm
Thank you for the kind words. I am working now on my applications. I live in the Chicago area. I have just been accepted to DePaul.
Any advice what are the best MBA in Human Resources in the Chicago area?

Thank you,
Cecile