Tepper Class of 2010

Congrats! Tell us how you did it
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

Tepper Class of 2010

by QualityOfLife » Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:21 pm
Hello Beat the GMAT Community,

I am happy to say that I am an ecstatic member of the Class of 2010 at the Tepper School of Business at Carnegie Mellon!

Although I am only 23 and have been out of school for 2 years, I had a wealth of experience in promotional/brand marketing (3+ years), which is the field I want to go into (specifically the Analytical Marketing track at Tepper). My undergrad degree is in mathematics and I have my own in-home tutoring company.

GPA: 3.0 (pretty low but I had A's & B's in MBA-related courses such as Calc I, II, III, Prob&Stats and Mathematical Models -- I blame the theory courses! :)
GMAT: Lower than what I wanted, but I did get a 6 AWA both times I took it. (Thanks to Eric and everyone else on this Forum because it certainly helped me with my GMAT studies)

Young MBA applicants -- don't get discouraged, IT IS POSSIBLE!!! Tepper is by far my dream school and it was the only place I applied. They gave me a Consortium Fellowship (www.cgsm.org) to boot!

Needless to say, I am very excited about my future. Good Luck/God Bless everybody!
Last edited by QualityOfLife on Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GMAT/MBA Expert

Site Admin
Followed by:994 members

by beatthegmat » Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:29 pm
Congrats! All the best to you at Tepper. :)
Beat The GMAT | The MBA Social Network
Community Management Team

Research Top GMAT Prep Courses:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/gmat-prep-courses

Research The World's Top MBA Programs:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/mba/school

Legendary Member
Followed by:6 members

by mayonnai5e » Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:36 pm
Tepper is a great school (or so I hear). Congrats!
https://www.beatthegmat.com/my-blog-erro ... t4899.html
550 =\ ...560 =\... 650 =) ...570 =( ...540 =*( ...680 =P ... 670 =T ...=T... 650 =T ...700 =) ..690 =) ...710 =D ...GMAT 720 DING!! ;D

Learn more about me

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:9 members
GMAT Score:760

by canada_sms » Sat Apr 04, 2009 4:43 pm
I did my undergrad and masters in Computer Engineering at CMU. Tepper is a great school. I hope you're ready to WORK. CMU is no-joke (monster academics). Be prepared for many a sleepless night.

On the bright side, I guarantee that you'll be a die-hard Steelers fan by the end of your program. Also, the best food on campus is from the roach-coaches on Margaret Morrison St ;)

GMAT Score:750

by Don Wrigley » Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:16 am
Encouraging thread--as an undergraduate CS major and IT Professional, Carnegie Mellon is naturally one of my top choices for an MBA...and the only thing I worry about is my GPA of 3.0. This thread lets me know that that's acceptable. Additionally I got a 6.0 AWA on the GMAT.

What kind of score did you get on your GMAT? Not as good as expected, but for some people that's exceptionally high. I scored a 750, wondering if you are in the same ballpark.

Whatever the case, congratulations on being accepted. CMU is a fantastic institution, hopefully I'll be joining you there in a few years when I apply (though I guess you'll be an alumni by then).

GMAT Score:700

by keerth_r » Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:37 pm
hi all

I have a Work exp of 2.5 years as of now with infosys. Have a GPA of 3.87.

How good is my profile for CMU...

GMAT Score of 700...

Legendary Member
Followed by:79 members
GMAT Score:640

by money9111 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:59 am
Congratulations QualityOfLife on your acceptance! I really enjoyed your story. Can you post some more information regarding your experience with applying through the Consortium? Myself, and others included will be applying to schools this year through the Consortium so any insight you can offer is greatly appreciated.

Some question question I have for you are:

Which other schools did you apply to?
How did you determine the ranking order of your schools? which criteria did you look at?
How did you decide which of each school's essays to write?

This may be more relevant as a new topic, but I thought I would just throw it out there.

Thank you and congratulations again!
My goal is to make MBA applicants take onus over their process.

My story from Pre-MBA to Cornell MBA - New Post in Pre-MBA blog

Me featured on Poets & Quants

Free Book for MBA Applicants