What schools can a GMAT 660 and IT Consulting exp get me ?

Figure out where you wish to apply
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
GMAT Score:710
Hi ,
I took the Gmat recently and got a 660 ( QA- 47, VA- 35), 82% overall.
Below is my brief profile and my expectations from MBA

Work Experience: 2.5 yrs , currently working as Domain Consultant for After-Sales Service Management Domain ( a niche area) with a top Indian IT firm
Highlights: IT Consulting exp-Conceptualizing and designing business domain offerings
Filed for a patent for a "Business Reference Model" that I created, grant awaited.

Education:
Masters in International Business from Delhi University
Graduation in Computer Science from Delhi University
APICS BSCM certification ( Supply Chain and Logistics)

Expectations from MBA

I wish to take up marketing courses and work for the Consumer Goods Industry.

Keeping the above in mind, request you to suggest me some good one-year programs?. Will INSEAD consider me competitive enough? If not a one-year program, then will NUS give me good returns?

Or, does it make sense to take the gmat again(I scored a 710 on the second Gmat prep test)? Does the time of year affect scores?

Regards,

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by jaskaran » Sun Nov 22, 2009 5:00 am
Hi ridhi, you have a decent profile, the work ex is on the border, but its the quality of your work that matters, from whatever research i have done in the last 6-7 months, getting into INSEAD with 2.5 yrs of work ex is highly unlikely.

Why dont you look at the universities in the US?

PS- can you pls share as to how long you prepared for GMAT, and what materials you used?

GMAT Score:710

by ridhi_07 » Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:27 am
Hi Jaskaran,
Thanks for your reply.

I couldn't get much time for GMAT preparation. I studied for weekends for 1 month and then took a dedicated 20 day leave. Though now I understand that one should spend more time especially if one's job doesnt require much quant skills.

I started with evaluating myself on the GMAT prep and then picked up high school books to work on my weak areas in quant. It seriously did benefit me. I was extremly hopeless on topics like P&C n probability but now I can solve those questions in sleep!

Post the prep test I worked on OG 12 and took some MGMAT tests. I also read Princeton and Kaplan review guides to understand the exam better. I would suggest ppl to refrain from taking too many mock tests. What truley helps though is timing onesef on all ques, even with the OG.

I strongly feel spending some more time would have helped- so all you folks, start preparing well in advance!!

by gmatps25 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:34 am
hi ridhi...i am slo in same boat like u...scored 660 (Q49, V31, AWA 5.0)...which colleges r u applying for...

GMAT/MBA Expert

Site Admin
Followed by:994 members

by beatthegmat » Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:52 am
Moved this post to the 'Research MBA Programs' forum!
Beat The GMAT | The MBA Social Network
Community Management Team

Research Top GMAT Prep Courses:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/gmat-prep-courses

Research The World's Top MBA Programs:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/mba/school

by gmatps25 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:00 am
Hi Eric...plz evaluate my profile...

Hi...I am applying for Sep 2010 intake batch...please evaluate my chances from my profile below :

GMAT Score - 660 (Q49, V31, AWA 5.0)

5 years experience in Telecommunications sector till Sep 2010.
Good professional career progression
International Exposure - Yes

Excellent in extracurricular activities, social activities and sports.

B.Tech (4 Years) in India
GPA - please suggest how to convert % into GPA

Also let me know which colleges I should go for and I have good chances of selection.

I am planning to apply for following colleges. please let me know if my profile fits for these colleges.

Darden
Oxford
Judge
HEC
Manchester
Insead