Dilemma - Use GRE or GMAT score or both?

Free advice from the world's top MBA consultants
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Dilemma - Use GRE or GMAT score or both?

by tomahawk86 » Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:51 am
Hi

I gave the GMAT a month back and scored 710 (Q-48, V-39). I've also given the GRE (sometime back) and scored 1520 overall (Q-800, V-720).

I want to know:
1) Should I submit both my GRE and GMAT scores to schools that now accept both (and hope it helps).

2) For schools that don't accept GRE scores, and ask for supporting documents etc that would enhance my application, would the GRE score help there?

Or would it be best that I contact each school and ask the above.

Thanks a lot !

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:6 members

by Scottie@VeritasPrep » Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:29 am
Submit both scores for schools that accept both since you did very well on the GMAT and the GRE. However, I doubt it will be helpful to submit GRE score as supporting documentation for schools that don't accept it.
Scottie Winslow | Admissions Consultant |
Veritas Prep

Enroll now. Pay later. Take advantage of Veritas Prep's flexible payment plan options

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by kombozi » Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:36 pm
Thanks for posting this! I am in a similar dillema.
I took the GRE a while back and scored 660 but I took the GMAT recently and scored only 610. Should I report only the GRE (to schools that accept it) or go ahead and use GMAT?

I guess my question is are the two tests considered the same or is GMAT weighted heavier (in which case I should use the low GMAT score over the higher GRE score)?

Who! Long winded, but I hope you get my point.