Dorming / On-Campus Housing?

Talk to current MBA students about life in MBA programs (not for app advice/discussion)
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
GMAT Score:730

Dorming / On-Campus Housing?

by chynaxdawl » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:23 am
Hi,

Sorry if this isn't posted in the right sub-forum...and sorry if this is wide knowledge, but I don't know myself.

Do a lot of the business schools (I'm looking at first-tier) have on-campus housing or dorms for their incoming students? Typically how long can they stay on campus for? For my undergrad, students had 2 years of guaranteed housing on-campus if they wanted it. I know we also had very affordable housing for our graduate students but I don't know for how long or it was for specific graduate programs...I know we didn't have a lot of buildings for them in comparison to the undergrad housing. I'm also curious about how much the on-campus housing would run about if the school offers it. Like I said, I believe my school's was affordable. Bschool tuition will be expensive enough as it is...I'd hope that housing/rent/utilities would be one less thing to worry too much about.

TIA!

MBA Student
Followed by:16 members

by sv02 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:02 pm
No idea about right/wrong area to post...but that said...

I can only speak for Fuqua - there's no grad housing for us at Duke. Most of us end up at 1-3 popular apartment complexes, and others disperse based on need (rent/buy houses for families/dogs, be close to partners' place of work, etc)... the cost of living is much cheaper here though (my comparison is SF!)

--sv

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
GMAT Score:730

by chynaxdawl » Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:21 am
Thanks, for your response!

I'm hoping some others can chime in for other schools too...

MBA Student
Followed by:16 members

by sv02 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:07 pm
If you're curious about specific schools that are already in the forum (e.g. I'm on "ask a Fuqua student" but there are many more schools represented) maybe try asking in those threads - they'll get a notification of a new response to look at!
--sv