Needed Urgent Help from all the Gurus

Figure out where you wish to apply
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Needed Urgent Help from all the Gurus

by wassup.ashish » Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:50 am
Hi to All,

Just gave my GMAT 690 (QA 49, VA 34, AWA 4.5). Targeting fall 2010 for admit and thus,planning to apply to following b-schools:
1. Kellog
2. Fuqua
3. UIUC
4. Smeal
5. Emory

A brief about myself:
1. Working in Asia's biggest IT consultancy Firm and have wrk ex of 4yrs.
2. Area of wrk: Marketing, Sales , Business Analyst.
3. Qualification: BE with 70% marks.
4. Post MBA looking for career in Business Development/Marketing/Sales.
5. An avid social activist and runs a NGO in Mumbai.

Really appreciate if a proper evaluation of my chance in the above enlisted b-schools can be done. Please, share you thought and inputs and do mention any other B-School (US only) you deem I would have a better chance of success.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Ashish

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:10 members

by Sophia007 » Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:14 pm
Hi there -

Congratulations on the GMAT score. You do have a tough competition out there for the year 2010. The average score to be accepted in Kellogg is usually 700+. However, I think you still have a chance for it. The rest of schools, go ahead and apply. I'm not sure if you are going for 1-year MBA programs or 2-year MBA programs. If you could specify that would be great.

I'm not sure what is it that you plan to accomplish. Do you want to for MBA in Marketing? or something else? Based on that your school options could differ. Let us know so we can provide better guidance.

Good Luck!
Sophia Pathak| Admissions Consultant |

If my post was helpful, let me know by pushing the thanks button.:) Please free to directly email me at [email protected]. ANY questions are welcome! check out what others have to say about their experience with me https://mymbamentor.com/?page_id=31