Smoked on diagnostic for quant

This topic has expert replies
Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts

Smoked on diagnostic for quant

by EMAN » Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:24 pm
Okay, so I just opened my GMAT book yesterday and got smoked on the quantitative section, and I mean really smoked from the OG 12 questions. I probably only got about half of the questions right. It's not that the questions seemed that inherently difficult per se it, but I certainly felt rusty as hell after being away from that stuff for a number of years. Should I be concerned? I plan to hammer practice questions out like no other and hope there's other people that experienced this and who have improved and got decent test scores.

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

Practise makes a man perfect!!

by raka3399 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:50 am
Well all i have to say is that Practise hard buddy .... tats the only way to improve on ur quant skills .... make sure to brush up ur basics of maths .... u'll do alright .... no worries juz lotsa practise ... !!!

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Re: Practise makes a man perfect!!

by Liquidsilver » Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:04 am
raka3399 wrote:Well all i have to say is that Practise hard buddy .... tats the only way to improve on ur quant skills .... make sure to brush up ur basics of maths .... u'll do alright .... no worries juz lotsa practise ... !!!
^ Best of luck on the verbal section my friend.

OP, I also did terrible on the OG 12 practice test. If you still have your answer sheet, make a list of the types of problems you missed most often, and focus your attention on those types. You might find it was only a couple of area that truly gave you trouble.

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts

Update

by EMAN » Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:39 pm
Okay, thankfully after looking at the interpretation of my quantitative scores that I did not see at first, I scored average on the problem solving session and only slightly below average on the data sufficiency group.