Please help me evaluate...

Figure out where you wish to apply
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

Please help me evaluate...

by hbMailingList » Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:36 pm
Hello,

I was hoping by posting in this forum you good people would help me research a few MBA programs. Like most, I want to enter a top program, I’m currently located near Berkley, but I can move to N.Y., Boston or Chicago.

I received my b.s. in computer science from university of Toronto in 1996. I graduated with a 3.3. I have more than 11 years of experience; I’ve worked around the Silicon Valley for the past 8 years, during which time I cofounded a start-up. I scored 710 in my GMAT just a few days ago.

I’ll be working full time so I'm interested in part time MBA programs in order to gain a deep understanding in general management and entrepreneurship. I don’t have a lot of spare time and I’m finding it difficult to research part time MBA programs.

I was wondering if you could recommend:
• A few programs.
• A source that ranks part time programs (I’ve found one source BusinessWeek 2007).
• A framework for researching part time programs.

Thanks in advance.

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:3 members
GMAT Score:750+

by VP_MBA_Guru » Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:57 am
Hi HB,
Based on your profile, you are a perfect candidate for a top-tier part time MBA program. I would look into Haas, Stern (NYU), Kellogg (Northwestern), UMich to name a few.

In the interest of time, I would encourage you to pick up a MBA Admissions book. Its a quick way to get snapshot of schools and the admissions process. Granted, these books are typically focused on full-time programs, but I think you can get a lot of good insight in a short time.

Also, feel free to contact any one of us via PM to get any specific questions answered.

best of luck,

N
Nikhil P. | Admissions Consultant | Veritas Prep