Kogod/Brandeis/Univ of tennessee.. Pl help...

Launched September 22, 2008
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Hi,
I actually have a problem of too many...I am an international student and I have got admits from full time MBA from university of Tennessee, Kogod school of business(American Univ) and Brandeis school of international business. I am confused as to which one to take.. Which one do you suggest and why. ?
To me, Job prospects are the factor of highest concern (along with the campus envi , safety , faculty and stuff. ) cos I will have a huge loan to pay after graduation and cant risk it..

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:17 members
GMAT Score:750

by Graham » Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:50 am
Dear Sunstorm,

Thanks for your post and congratulations on your admission to three MBA programs!

As to your question, you may want to consider campus visits to each program (if you haven't visited already) to get a better sense of your fit with the schools. After all, you will be spending two years (and a lot of money) at one of these programs - so a campus visit could be a worthwhile investment.

Further, if career placement is your primary concern, you should do the following:

1) Think about your first post-MBA job (industry and function). Come up with a list of target companies you might be interested in.

2) Evaluate each program based on their placement stats in your chosen field. You should be able to set up phone calls/meetings with someone from each program's career services office to get the data you need to make this assessment.

3) Keep in mind that location may play a role in this if your target industry happens to be highly concentrated in the Northeast vs. South, etc

4) You might ask the admissions office at each school to put you in touch with 1-2 alums working in your target field so that you can reach out to them and learn more about the program and how they landed their current post, etc.

The truth of the matter is that Brandeis, American (Kogod) and Tennesse are all 'next tier' offerings. This means you will have to do a bit more digging than you might if you were choosing between Kellogg, Chicago and MIT.

Best of luck,

Graham
Graham Richmond
Clear Admit, LLC
[email protected]
215 568 2590

Stay Informed with Clear Admit!
Read our Blog for daily MBA admissions tips and updates.
Follow us on Twitter for breaking b-school news.
Download our Publications on MBA programs and admissions strategy.
Visit our MBA Admissions Wiki to read and share application insights.