Admissions Timing / Timeline

Figure out where you wish to apply
This topic has expert replies
Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:2 members

Admissions Timing / Timeline

by doclkk » Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:49 am
I was wondering if you guys could tell me a little bit about the timing of the application process?

When do applications become available - specifically for UCLA / Berkeley.

I plan to apply for Round 1. I would not like to defer my application to round 2. I hear that Round 1 is easier than Round 2 but have no means of confirming this.

Are applications rolling DURING the different rounds? For example, in Round 1, do they admit applicants as they receive them? Or do they wait until the end of Round 1 before they begin to review? Same question applies to Round 2.

Can someone give me a break down of when applications come out - basically all I care about are when essay prompts become available as well as other things that I need to spend large amounts of time on. I'll finish my GMAT prep in a little bit and am planning my test for august. I know essay prompts are typically the same.

Can someone break down when things will happen for Round 1 UCLA / Berkeley?

I know that Sep 30 is deadline for Round 1 applications. In the event that they view me as a good fit candidate, when would I be notified for an interview? Are interviews conducted by admissions or alum? When do my recommendations need to be in by? What's a good gift for recommenders? When should I send them the gift?

Any help on all of this would be great.

Legendary Member
Followed by:6 members

by mayonnai5e » Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:42 pm
You've posed a lot of questions and my advice is it get them answered chronologically - it makes your life less stressful in my opinion. One step at a time.

For UCLA and Berkeley, I can't remember the exact dates the applications were available, but in general you have to wait until the essay prompts are published and available - that's when you can really get going. For UCLA and Haas you can find the current round deadline dates on their website. I believe R1 for UCLA was 10/24 and for Haas 11/4, but that's off the top of my head. Those dates on the website are for the class of 2011, but they may not be the same for the class of 2012 applicants - they can easily change from year to year.

Rounds wait until all applications are received for that round - they are normally not rolling within the rounds themselves as far as I know.
https://www.beatthegmat.com/my-blog-erro ... t4899.html
550 =\ ...560 =\... 650 =) ...570 =( ...540 =*( ...680 =P ... 670 =T ...=T... 650 =T ...700 =) ..690 =) ...710 =D ...GMAT 720 DING!! ;D

Learn more about me