Launched September 22, 2008
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Profile Evaluation Por Favor

by brizite » Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:32 pm
GPA - 3.5
GMAT - 690
Work - 2 years Big 4 Consulting, 5 years finance at top technology company
Extracurriculars - Many in college, and post college, some leadership positions.
Post School - Career changer

Target Schools:
Wharton
Kellogg
Haas
Ross
INSEAD

GMAT/MBA Expert

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:2 members

by Eliot » Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:06 pm
Brizite,

Thanks for your note. I would need a bit more information in order to answer your question. While a 3.5 gpa and a 690 gmat are very good, these academics are slightly below the average at top 5 schools like Wharton and Kellogg.

Work experience: It sounds like you have some solid consulting and finance experience. However, I need more information about your accomplishments and leadership experience at work in order to see if you have truly distinguished yourself from your peers.

Career Goals: You didn't mention what your career goals are - you just mentioned that you would like to change careers.

Why MBA: While you didn't answer this, I assume you are seeking an MBA to expedite your career switch.

In conclusion, you probably do have the raw materials to be competitive at the top schools on your list, but I would need a bit more information in order to confirm this impression.

You are welcome to mention this additional information in your following post.

Sincerely,

Eliot Ingram
Clear Admit LLC
Eliot Ingram
Clear Admit, LLC
[email protected]
215 568 2590

Stay Informed with Clear Admit!
Read our Blog for daily MBA admissions tips and updates.
Follow us on Twitter for breaking b-school news.
Download our Publications on MBA programs and admissions strategy.
Visit our MBA Admissions Wiki to read and share application insights.

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by brizite » Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:24 pm
Hello Eliot

Thanks for your reply. Your feedback is consistent with my self evaluation so it is nice to know that I am not delusional. I would greatly appreciate further feedback on the information that you mentioned in your reply.

Work Experience:
Consulting - Top 10% in utilization rates. Twice awarded Client Service Award.

Finance - Leadership roles in valuing several high profile Biz Dev partnerships. Currently the lead finance analyst for executing on business plans for newly acquired companies. Only one in my peer group without an MBA. Standout amongst peers without MBA's and blend in amongst peers with MBA's.

Career Goal:
Short term - Consulting in international location.
Long term - Take my family's small business to another level.

Why MBA:
International exposure. Apply education to the benefit of my family business.

Happy to elaborate on any of the points above, but this is the jist of my application.

Thanks again Eliot!