Modern producers, when they need reliable sources

This topic has expert replies
Followed by:23 members
Modern producers, when they need reliable sources of original equipments and technologically advanced components to operate profitably, face increasingly difficult choices of owning the producers of these items, a practice known as backward integration and buying from independent manufacturers

A. Modern producers, when they need reliable sources of original equipments and technologically advanced components to operate profitably, face increasingly difficult choices of owning the producers of these items, a practice known as backward integration and buying from independent manufacturers

B. Modern producers, who need reliable sources of original equipments and technologically advanced components to operate profitably, face an increasingly difficult choice between owning the producers of these items, a practice known as backward integration, and buying from independent manufacturers

C. Modern producers, who need reliable sources of original equipments and technologically advanced components to operate profitably, face an increasingly difficult choice to either own the producers of these items, and to buy from independent manufacturers, a practice known as backward integration

D. Needing reliable sources of original equipment supplies, and technologically advanced components to operate profitably, modern producers facing an increasingly difficult choice of owning the producers of these items, and buying from independent manufacturers, a practice known as backward integration

E. Modern producers practice what is known as backward integration, when they need reliable sources of original equipment supplies and technologically advanced components to operate profitably, and to face an increasing and difficult choice of owning between the producers of these items and buying from independent manufacturers

What is wrong with other Options?

OA B

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:1906 members
GMAT Score:790

by GMATGuruNY » Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:41 am
OA: sources of equipments
equipment cannot be pluralized.
Thus, the OA is not viable.
I would ignore this SC.
What is the source?
Private tutor exclusively for the GMAT and GRE, with over 20 years of experience.
Followed here and elsewhere by over 1900 test-takers.
I have worked with students based in the US, Australia, Taiwan, China, Tajikistan, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia -- a long list of countries.
My students have been admitted to HBS, CBS, Tuck, Yale, Stern, Fuqua -- a long list of top programs.

As a tutor, I don't simply teach you how I would approach problems.
I unlock the best way for YOU to solve problems.

For more information, please email me (Mitch Hunt) at [email protected].
Student Review #1
Student Review #2
Student Review #3

Followed by:23 members

by BTGmoderatorDC » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:11 pm
GMATGuruNY wrote:OA: sources of equipments
equipment cannot be pluralized.
Thus, the OA is not viable.
I would ignore this SC.
What is the source?
Thanks a lot!