Profile Evaluation - Low CGPA 6.5/10 and Okay GMAT Score 650

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Followed by:1 members
Hey There!
I am an Indian female graduate.
"¢ University : Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra (Indian rank 10-20)
"¢ Major : Electronics & Communication Engineering
"¢ CGPA : 6.55/10.
"¢ GMAT Score : 650.

I want to enroll in a well reputed University for Masters in Finance.
Universities like HEC Paris, IE Business School, ESADE, EDHEC, ESSEC, Grenoble Ecole De management, University of Melbourne etc.

"¢ My Internships are as follows:

Tata Steel Ltd. - Vocational Trainee (India - 2 months)
"¢ I worked in the Mills & Utilities Electrical Maintenance Department and my project was based on Fiber Optic Cables in the Energy management Centre.
"¢ It was more of an Industrial Exposure.

Thales - Reporting Officer (Doha, Qatar - 1 month)

"¢ Provide consolidated status reporting to the PMO team.
"¢ Build project reports in coordination with the different areas of the project.
"¢ Consolidate reports for different meetings and prepare Minutes as required.
"¢ Analyze previous status reports and identify trends so as to improve risk reporting.

Amzaad Technologies - Technical Consultant (Doha, Qatar - 5 months)

"¢ My extra curricular include:
Events Coordinator
Conducted various workshops on topics like Machine Learning, Learn to Code in C, Data Structures for all etc.
Senior Technical Adviser of IEEE Students' Chapter Club
Created a web portal for the students of my college that provided practice questions for various competitive exams. The project was done under my mentorship and a couple of juniors were also involved.
Adventure Head at Sports & Adventure Club
Brainstormed ideas to get the college students to participate in sports and trips conducted and organized by our club.

"¢ Volunteer Experience :
Publicity Team - Run the world Festival
"Run The World" is an initiative by The Youth Company(TYC), designed to encourage the youth of Qatar to lead an active, athletic and a healthy lifestyle. The role of the publicity team was to get as much crowd as possible and to engage them in these fun activities in order to induce personal development of the youth.
Management Trainee - Qatar Tennis Federation
It was a team effort wherein I had the opportunity to work along with a few others to manage the match fixtures of the Qatar ExxonMobil Open 2014.

Please evaluate my profile. And give me an honest opinion and suggestions on how my profile can be improved. THANKS :)

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:12 members
GMAT Score:770

by GeneralEducation » Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:00 am
Hi mate,
You over all carry a good profile but yes GMAT is slightly at a lower side considering your GPA, I am sure you can score better. Yes you have very good chances of getting into the schools you have shortlisted. While assessing your application, top b-schools looks for candidates who have demonstrated leadership qualities in their professional or personal lives. Leadership qualities don't necessarily mean leading teams - they could also mean the initiatives you had taken, your achievements, impact-orientation and career progression.

Work on your essays, as it's make or break component of the application. Feel free to contact us for any professional help required in any part of the application.
If you want to have a detailed free profile evaluation by the top B-schools Alumni please feel free to reach us out at +91 9980044412
Director (ISB Alumnus)
General Education - India's premier GMAT & Application Consulting company

Get Advice: +91- 90350 50056 | Email Us: [email protected]

• Page 1 of 1