Gmat score 600 for Master of Finance in canada?

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Hello,
I am from Indonesia and i want to apply for Master of Finance in Canada's top universities such as Univ of toronto,Univ of British Columbia, Mcgill Univ, or Mcmaster Univ.

I took my first GMAT at 4 August 2017 and scored 580 (Q 50, V 18, IRA 6, AWA 4), 51 percentile, with only 4 days of preparations (i was so busy preparing for IELTS that time). Then i took it again at 23 August. However, that time i was extremely ill (gastritis) that i was struggling to even finish the test, and i was going to toilet so many times for vomiting during the test, almost every 10 minutes. It was almost a miracle that i still got 600 (Q 50, V 21, IRA 4, AWA 4.5), 57 percentile.

Since then, i continued on my preparations and when i took the gmatprep CAT i always got score in range 660-720, although with some pausing due to my gastritis, which caused me to vomiting few times in toilet. However, it looks like my sickness won't be healed even after some months. Until now, this sickness still burdens me,although i have went to doctor several times. I dont know when i will recovered, and even the doctor also did not know. Honestly,i am almost give up with this illness.

So i want to ask you whether i should wait until fully recovered and then retake the GmAt (aiming for higher score), or just immediately apply that score 600 now to those canadian universities.

In addition, i have title Bachelor Of Economics from a local university, International Business Management program, graduated in 2013 with GPA 3.33 (from 4). Since graduated, i work as a financial staff at a local meat floss company, a quite small company with 15 employees. So i have approximately 4 years of experience.

If i just immediately apply now, without retake the GMAT, will i be accepted?

GMAT/MBA Expert

Elite Legendary Member
Followed by:511 members
GMAT Score:800
Hi Paulus Teguh,

I'm sorry to hear about your medical issues - they clearly make taking the GMAT a lot more challenging. Do you face similar issues throughout the day? Do your symptoms get worse when you're taking a CAT/Official GMAT?

Since you're ultimately asking Admissions questions, you should discuss your application and plans with an Admissions Expert. There's a forum full of those Experts here:

https://www.beatthegmat.com/ask-an-mba- ... t-f40.html

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Contact Rich at [email protected]